Recent content by mainah

1. M

Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

So did we ever talk about how Jon Wayne Freeman rides a Manta in one of his first Surfer Mag videos? I think I've looked for it in here a few times and haven't seen any mention. Does The Legend actually surf a Manta? For the record if you take those perfect rippable trestles waves and divide...
  2. M

I know I'm late in replying here, but I'm the guy. In case you haven't committed yet or in case someone else is wondering the same question... My Manta and Fling are my most surfed boards. For the last few years I have found them to be my go-to quiver for 90% of Maine waves (small, weak, even...
  3. M

Yeah they are 50/50. They are center fins from the FCS Mark Richards 2+1 setup. But they work just fine as quads apparently p.s. having to post pics made me self conscious of the way my fins look so I spray painted the rears black today so the setup looks more legit :LOL:
  4. M

Here are some pics. General idea is that the front fins are slightly larger than normal quads and the rear fins are slightly smaller.
  5. M

Want to get on here and praise the Manta again. I'm convinced it's hands down the best mini wave shortboard. Like a whole other level than the other grovelers out there in terms of how small/mushy the waves can be but you can still fly around. I don't know what I would do without my Manta...