Recent content by One-Off

1. One-Off

Car totaled question

We’ve had a Prius over ten years now. No issues. My only critique is the seats hurt my back on long (3+ hour) drives. Still got 48 mpg on our recent trip to Utah going 72-76 on highway (I always drive 2-4 mph over posted limit, figure no cop is going to ticket me for that).
  2. One-Off

What are college dorks protesting about?

So the 30,000 dead, mostly women and children, does not constitute a ”real” issue? Just a “complete joke”?
  3. One-Off

The Official OBSF Support Group

I guess what you’re telling me is that they’re stupid animals. A mouth full of fiberglass can’t be nice.
  4. One-Off

Niger: Another Major Biden Disaster

When I lived in Africa the locals said the Peace Corps volunteers were "information gatherers for the CIA." I laughed about that until I spoke to one volunteer who went all over the country putting water wells in small, remote villages (the good deed). He mentioned they also took core samples...
  5. One-Off

Car totaled question

We had two Volvos. The first one was non turbo and never had problems. It got 33 mpg on the highway. Great car but not a wagon. Then we got a V70 (turbo) wagon. Super comfortable and really quick. But that one was constantly at the mechanics. In retrospect there was a clue that I overlooked...
  6. One-Off

The Official OBSF Support Group

How deep is the water in the OB lineup? I'll share this bit of info. We were at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and there was a special presentation by a marine biologist, a shark expert. At a certain point he said GWS are ambush predators and that they need about 60 feet of water to be able to get...
  7. One-Off

Essential Body Weight Exercises?

Reminds me of this-
  8. One-Off

AI

I just watched 2001 Space Odyssey again. Amazing how prescient he (Kubrick) was. I was stunned to learn that all his movies only won one Oscar (special effects for 2001) and zero Golden Globes.
  9. One-Off

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

If the do it at HB how do they score the "hopping?"
  10. One-Off

Even pull-ups require equipment. What would you do in a hotel room if you had 15 minutes? Out of courtesy to other guests, no jumping around.
  11. One-Off

If you had to choose 4?
  12. One-Off

I don't have the flexibility, balance or strength to do pistol squats. I'd have to settle for body weight squat with full ROM.
  13. One-Off

I was thinking about this while on our recent vacation. I had no access to any equipment and really no time, being I was with the family on vacation. I was also thinking about it because now that I'm doing two intense runs (and one barbell day a week), my bodyweight day, which consisted of ten...
  14. One-Off

***The Official Running Thread***

Hey Kento. Came across this looking for something else. These are exactly what I’m doing, excepting the bench press (I have no bench). And I do regular dead lifts in addition to Romanian deadlifts. I do all of them in one, hour+ workout, once a week. 3 sets of 5 reps of warm ups at lighter...
  15. One-Off

The worst thing you will see today

Maybe he saw a better wave behind it. Once while surfing Abreojos a buddy of mine scored a perfect wave, did a couple turns and then kicked out. I was like WTF? OK by me I guess. I spun and went and got a long ride on the second half of the wave. When I made it back up to the top of the point...