Recent content by JTiago

1. J

Reality check

A had a FW Sweet Potato 5'4 some years ago that worked on those conditions. I got surprised a couple of times by the size of the wave, outside the groveller spectrum, but it went amazing. Maybe an overzided groveller if you want more rail? Low volume Midlenghts need a proper wave so they...
  2. J

removing posca paint from board

Acetone in small bits in a sanding sponge, then rinse well with water. Just be sure you don't have any dings that would absorb acetone because it will eat through the foam. The problem it's not the PU. I bought this JS Big Baron and cleaned it in half an hour. PS - This is the s##iest, ugliest...
  3. J

Tomo MPH

Neutrino looks sick!! I would try a 2 plus trailer set in that.. :unsure:
  4. J

Tomo MPH

Initially I though of keeping the stringer as well but then changed my mind. I think it looks better without. I taped the logos. The "Slater Designs" inside the back logo is impossible though..
  5. J

Tomo MPH

@jkb I used a soaked sponge. I sprayed (Montana acrylic) the sponge and gently dragged the paint in a single direction. The water dilutes the ink so it gets a thinner and lighter layer vs spraying directly over the board. Finished with Montana epoxy varnish
  6. J

Tomo MPH

Cymatic makeover. :shaka:
  7. J

Tomo MPH

Cymatic it will be! Thanks guys :cheers: I also have a 5'8 Twinnie with 35L I could consider. I don't have bigger boards atm :(. I was planning on getting like a 6' something twin pin, but was on a budget this couple of months and let it pass. We will start from Imsouane bay and go down to...
  8. J

Tomo MPH

Quick question for Tomo fans :sneaky: I'm going to Morocco on monday and can take only one board.. Evo 5'6 (31L) OR Cymatic 5'9 (34L). I would choose the cymatic for the longer paddles but she doesn't like gutless waves. I'm not surfing big waves so i will be aiming for chest/head high...
  9. J

Tomo MPH

Cringe
  10. J

Black Baron 2.1

Full circle back to thrusters..
  11. J

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

Actually I was ridding +/- 31L, but recovering from an injury and getting older I decided tro try this 5'9.. though it could be to big for me but it went great. :LOL: (found my new literage..). I'm 81Kg + 4/3 wetsuit My buddy has a 5'5 Evo that I can easily surf but we both prefer the 5'6. The...
  12. J

Sharpeye Surfboards

Little late to the party but a Modern2 came up at a really good price, any feedback on this one? Used to love the Psycho Killer with AM 2+1 so I think this would be a fun board as well..
  13. J

Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

At the moment.. - 5'6 Evo (32.5L) - 5'8 Twinnie (35L) - 5'9 Cymatic (34L) Looking forward to add a 6'0/6'1 Twin Pin and 6'8/6'10 Midlenght Twin.. :rolleyes:
  14. J

Tomo MPH

Beautiful! Aesthetically I don't like the FCS boxes in twins, Futures looks much better. Anyways El Tomo Twin with a round nose would be cool.
  15. J

Tomo MPH

Seems like a nice plan! The Omni is really underrated, the board is amazing. I think it can go both ways in terms of volume, I would easily surf a bigger one for paddling in bigger surf (the cymatic will do the trick), but the 5'7 is good for what I have here, I surf some punchy beachbreaks that...