Recent content by Haole2u

1. H

San O Done

That's how I see it. From my memory the SanO problem started when they created the vernal shrimp pools and the drain pipe for the area washed out the road just past The Point so they added the rocks. Last year they replaced the drainage and it basically emptied at the end of the rocky area...
  2. H

What to do with a stack of Surfer's Journals

Not the right market here but I have a complete uncirculated set of Longboard Magazine which was gifted to me by the publisher if you know anyone interested...
  3. H

Water heater element diy

I did that on a 40 gal A.O. Smith lowbay in my rental about 8 years ago and it's still going strong. If you can find the parts it's an easy repair. The hard water in my area just destroys the anodes.
  4. H

Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

You scored the gig of a lifetime. What an amazing experience is must've been. Glad you were there to be his #1 fun-haver and very sorry for your loss. I've been a fan since living in the Keys in the mid-70's and am just amazed how everything blew up. A legend in so many ways...
  5. H

Richmond paddleboard

A hundred million dollars ! Thanks for the heads up. $500
  6. H

Richmond paddleboard

Stock class 12’ paddleboard by South Bay shaper Craig Richmond. Craig is a contemporary of Joe Bark and been shaping paddleboards for over 25 years. This classic Waterman-style design is in great shape and had new hotcoat at some point but is still very light at 20lbs. This board would suit...
  7. H

Azores Question

Wow you scored. I spent a couple weeks in the fall of '81 on Terciera and got some great sessions in. Had family there at the time and used The Surf Report to find the spots. San Miguel looks amazing and it's nicer than the spring we're having in SoCal right now.
  8. H

Can Laird Hamilton paddle surf?

Most of my friends that had hips and knees done lost their pop-up and picked up the paddle. Makes me want to work extra hard to prevent injuries and stay flexible.
  9. H

Can Laird Hamilton paddle surf?

Buzzy is still surfing and shredding the mid-lengths.
  10. H

I made Kookslams

Post the linky maybe?
  11. H

Going to Eleuthera

My last trip there was 40 yrs ago. Stayed in Gregorytown and hitched to Surfers. Back then everybody left their boards in the bushes so that you didn't have to drag it back & forth. Beautiful beaches, clear water, lots of shark stories but I never saw any. Had fun surf all week.
  12. H

were any of you all in the Air Force?

Have a brother that's retired AF and he's lived in some great places. I got to visit him when he was based in the Azores in the early 80's. Went in the early fall and scored some awesome waves.
  13. H

*** Official The Eddie Big Wave Invitational Thread ***

Can we get a clean view of this anywhere?
  14. H

*** Official The Eddie Big Wave Invitational Thread ***

That really pissed me off too. My hearing sucks and the captioning was a joke so it was really hard to follow. Then they started putting the heats up individually on the chat so if you were on full screen you didn't know what was going on. When they talked about Kimo the cc read chemo hollinger...
  15. H

Question: "Has anyone passed on whilst surfing Tavarua?"

I think that would be a nice place to die.