Recent content by barneysd

1. B

If you left California, where would you move?

Thats a trip, I did the exact same thing in Feb. (minus the farm). Thought it would take some time to get over surfing and San Diego but ive never looked back. Love it here. Left my stamps at my parents in sd and going out to in a few weeks. Should be interesting to surf again
  2. B

Surfer dies at Rincon following collision with another surfer...

says the guy talking typing sh!t on a computer from his parents basement
  3. B

are you what they would consider an 'internet tough guy'?
  4. B

i thought long and hard about another coastal town outside of ca but wasnt really finding anything that checked all or most the boxes i had. cost of living was a big force but not all. we wanted somewhere with cool outdoorsy stuff but also near a big city as im really into sports,concerts,etc...
  5. B

100% this. The cool part is ive never went for a trail run or rock climb and came home in a bad mood. That was becoming the the norm with surfing
  6. B

I surfed avidly for 20+ years in san diego. Never thought i could live without it. Over the years got more and more frustrated with crowds and finally said screw it this year and moved the family to tennessee (mainly cost of living reasons). I thought it would be hard for me to quit... to my...
  7. B

Hope I’m doing this right..don’t post much! The main reason is cost of living. Surfing was the main thing keeping me here but as I get older I’m surfing less and when I do go it’s so crowded that I’ve kinda lost interest. We’ve decided on Nashville, all things considered we really like the area...
  8. B

Been in SD my entire life. In the process of moving to Tennessee. Can’t do it anymore here