More leftist economic struggles

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Assimilate or GTFO
Oh don't you worry your pretty head, I can't wait to GTFO.

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that America is fucked up and disfunctional.

There's a reason why the US is the only country in the first or even second world where homelessness is this rampant, and where people DGAF about other people they share this country with.

I'm sure you have a perfectly good explanation as to why that is.

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
boy, watching these guys sh!t their adult diapers is a real hoot to watch

squidliar gets really angsty towards the end of the month as the welfare money starts running thin

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I thought the economy was doing great? Inflation is under control. Unemployment is low... :shrug:
I think it's really benefiting people at the top.

That is skewing the stats.

My 403bs are off the hook.

I just stopping doing things to save money.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I say you give them the alternative for a few years of supervised national cleanup activities. If that and the tramp chair alternative aren't enough, then, well, there are plenty of dry lake beds in the desert for this.
speaking of alternatives, mrs. crust volunteers at a homeless charity and recently told me something that kid of blew my mind

first some background... this charity is pretty fucking awesome. they've been doing their program for about 30 years now. they focus on homeless single moms. they provide mom and kids with an apartment in a secure facility with food, childcare, medical care, psych care, and finally life skills and job training. its like a 4 year program. first 6 months are nothing but therapy for mom and kids. then they slowly start phasing in life skills and job training. at some point mom gets a job, then moves out, and enters the final phase of her program as a coach/cheerleader for the new moms.

they have like a 60% success rate. that's pretty amazing to me given that "success" is defined as "single independent working mom" and i really just don't know how single working moms manage their lot in life. don't think i could do it.

now for the mind blowing part

this charity struggles to fill their vacancies - not because there is a shortage of single homeless moms but because the single homeless moms would rather stay homeless than commit to the work and sobriety required by the program.

:foreheadslap: :cry::socrazy::crazy2::shrug::toilet:

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oh don't you worry your pretty head, I can't wait to GTFO.

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that America is fucked up and disfunctional.

There's a reason why the US is the only country in the first or even second world where homelessness is this rampant, and where people DGAF about other people they share this country with.

I'm sure you have a perfectly good explanation as to why that is.
What does Singapore do to handle homelessness, littering, and open drug use? :unsure:

Because isn't that what we aspire towards? Clean streets, low crime, high average IQ?

Why do we insist on not just going the other direction but embracing the decline?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What does Singapore do to handle homelessness, littering, and open drug use? :unsure:

Because isn't that what we aspire towards? Clean streets, low crime, high average IQ?

Why do we insist on not just going the other direction but embracing the decline?
Your German is showing...

I like it

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gromsdad is going to be strutting around like he's bright and insightful. shex will be doing the same. this place will be a truth social wasteland, and you know what, you won't be here and neither will I.
I love sore losers

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
now for the mind blowing part

this charity struggles to fill their vacancies - not because there is a shortage of single homeless moms but because the single homeless moms would rather stay homeless than commit to the work and sobriety required by the program.

:foreheadslap: :cry::socrazy::crazy2::shrug::toilet:

see definition of addiction

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Your German is showing...

I like it
Meanwhile Fecal is pontificating from a freaking boat like Napoleon on Elba.

Holy sh!t can you imagine if they had twitter back then.

Come to think of it, that's the best punishment for Trump whether he wins the presidency or not - throw him on an island and give him unrestricted internet access.

Popcorn be going like TP during Covid.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

That's what Im asking.
.Why America?

I know American Exeptionalism is a thing but sheesh.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Meanwhile Fecal is pontificating from a freaking boat like Napoleon on Elba.
I like how you guys think Im rich. lmaoroflol

I'm just crazy enough to take the risk and do it.
I could have stayed financially safe in San Diego forever.

I will probably die in squalor and that's fine with me.

I spent enough time here and elsewhere to draw valid comparisons about how different societies operate.

PS I hear Elba anchorages are pretty sick. I will make sure I pontificate from one. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I like how you guys think Im rich.

I'm just crazy enough to take the risk and do it.
I could have stayed financially safe in San Diego forever.

I will probably die in squalor and that's fine with me.

I spent enough time here and elsewhere to draw valid comparisons.
That actually had more to do with exile than financial ramifications.

We found a neighborhood that is pretty isolated from it (not easy) but it sure doesn't take long to find yourself surrounded by squalor, both urban and rural.

The demarcations between squalor and non-squalor are sharp too and they are not racial.

Oh, why America? Because we got to a point where we are more interested in not hurting peoples feelings and settling for sub-mediocrity than actually solving problems. Too much tolerance of bullshit behavior. And WAY too much advocacy from people who are isolated from it and have 0 skin in the game: yeah, it's easy for them to advocate kumbaya for the homeless from a gated community and 8 cats.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
lol @ Singapore. Being a homosexual in Singapore will get you two years in prison.

Selling chewing gum can result in fines of $100,000 or up to 2 years in prison.

Any type of drug related activity carries a punishment of $20,000 in fines, 10 years in prison, or for sales, the death penalty! :devilish:

And they still have homeless people. Oh wait, I'm sorry. Unhoused people.
I can go on, but do the Google.

lmao!

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
lol @ Singapore. Being a homosexual in Singapore will get you two years in prison.

Selling chewing gum can result in fines of $100,000 or up to 2 years in prison.

I can go on, but do the Google.

lmao!
Do they say anything about Skoal?

There is a happy medium in there. But that is a country that has their sh!t together. :roflmao:

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I believe spitting is illegal. Combine that with the gum thing and Skoal will probably get you hung and then caned. Then they set you on fire? :shrug: