More leftist economic struggles

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you.

These people are carpetbaggers. They don't give a sh!t about anything except feathering their nest and making the connections to achieve higher office.

Oh yeah it was splendid having to distract the kids once again so they couldn't see the junkie twitching on the ground in the parking lot off the road. The amount of oh woe is me down on our luck homeless is probably less than 0.01%.

Too many decades of this bullshit. Make the penalty for persistent vagrancy immediate medically supervised detox followed by several hundreds (thousands?) of hours of chain-gang community service cleaning up the mess they have made - combine this penance with a national beautification movement. And yeah, it's either litter pickup or 24 hours in the tramp chair.

The problem is, that's a one-time expense so the agencies won't get their same budget (and same top-end skim) for the following fiscal year.
Nobody wants to pay for this. Also nobody wants to confront the real issue, ever increasing gap between wages and COL.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Nobody wants to pay for this. Also nobody wants to confront the real issue, ever increasing gap between wages and COL.
$24 billion is a much larger budget than required by a factor of at least 1,000.

Wages and COL are completely independent of the drug-addled homeless and generational trash aspect.

We've just tolerated derelict, dirtbag behavior for too damn long. Country is turning into a shithole because of it.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
$24 billion is a much larger budget than required by a factor of at least 1,000.

Wages and COL are completely independent of the drug-addled homeless and generational trash aspect.

We've just tolerated derelict, dirtbag behavior for too damn long. Country is turning into a shithole because of it.
Economic stress leads people to drugs and mental illness which leads to homelessness Do not disagree with the rest.

• Haha

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

That’s only in the state of California. Whatever approach they’ve taken up to now shows money kand TLC won’t cut it.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I was talking about the Instagram account, I even attached a photo of their merch.

Have you seen their posts?
It's an outrage machine for morons.

As for the 24 billion, if that money was spent to house people unconditionally in dispersed housing, provide medical and other support, a method that worked in other countries, you would be the first one to complain about tax money being spent on lazy people who don't want to work.
It's obvious that the Republican billionaires have figured out how to exploit finances intended for the homeless. Time to cut them off

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Do you actually think that is the driving cause of homelessness :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Economic stress leads people to drugs and mental illness which leads to homelessness Do not disagree with the rest.
These types of people are generally unemployable to begin with. The rent could be $500/month and they would still have trouble paying it.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Do you actually think that is the driving cause of homelessness :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

These types of people are generally unemployable to begin with. The rent could be $500/month and they would still have trouble paying it.
Easier to just blindly blame the poor and destitute, takes a lot less thinking.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The latest guy mostly seems to hang out across the street after sunset until ? and call his own bookbag the N-word, repeatedly. I think he might get jumped and beaten into coma/death pretty soon given how angry and n-wordy he is. Saw some guy obviously trying to walk out of Publix with some medication of some sort the last time I was there.

Other than that the ones who loiter at the gas station and the alley have kept a pretty low profile if they're still around.

Some of the working poor who aren't complete fckng trainwrecks and go unnoticed because they don't want to make a nuisance of themselves to the "currently housed" and don't want to make a target of themselves to the more predatory types, yeah absolutely, but I don't know how prevalent this is with respect to the overall population of homeless.

I keep telling "you people", permanent Burning Man in a Great Basin desert. Free refills on food/water/drugs, but you cannot be given enough to make it out of the mass concentration camp and bother average citizens.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Again- has nothing to do with economics. These are people who struggle enough with maintaining basic functions of daily life even when provided for them, let alone having to hold down a job to pay for it.
Just plain wrong, homelessness is key indicator of an unhealthy society and the increasing difficulties making a living for the poor and middleclass is a large part of this.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Economic stress doesn't lead people to start shooting meth/heroin and shitting on yourself in the street.

If you look at it from a fantasy perspective, I will add that school systems that have a generally low-floor, low-ceiling mentality are not helping the situation.

I keep telling "you people", permanent Burning Man in a Great Basin desert. Free refills on food/water/drugs, but you cannot be given enough to make it out of the mass concentration camp and bother average citizens.
I say you give them the alternative for a few years of supervised national cleanup activities. If that and the tramp chair alternative aren't enough, then, well, there are plenty of dry lake beds in the desert for this.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I was talking about the Instagram account, I even attached a photo of their merch.

Have you seen their posts?
It's an outrage machine for morons.

As for the 24 billion, if that money was spent to house people unconditionally in dispersed housing, provide medical and other support, a method that worked in other countries, you would be the first one to complain about tax money being spent on lazy people who don't want to work.
You say the same thing about Libs of Tik Tok

How is exposing actual posts, or videos of actual homeless people fueling outrage? Are morons people who disagree with you?

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Economic stress doesn't lead people to start shooting meth/heroin and shitting on yourself in the street.

If you look at it from a fantasy perspective, I will add that school systems that have a generally low-floor, low-ceiling mentality are not helping the situation.

I say you give them the alternative for a few years of supervised national cleanup activities. If that and the tramp chair alternative aren't enough, then, well, there are plenty of dry lake beds in the desert for this.
Did homelessness increase during the great depression?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Just plain wrong, homelessness is key indicator of an unhealthy society and the increasing difficulties making a living for the poor and middleclass is a large part of this.
There is math going on at the visceral level.

They could do hard labor for 50 hours a week to share a sh!t hole apartment with 5 other people and scrape by.

Camping at the beach and doing drugs is away better.

And they got other pals to do it with too.

I see them partying and think they are having more fun than I.

It's only bad when it rains

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
There is math going on at the visceral level.

They could do hard labor for 50 hours a week to share a sh!t hole apartment with 5 other people and scrape by.

Camping at the beach and doing drugs is away better.

And they got other pals to do it with too.

I see them partying and think they are having more fun than I.

It's only bad when it rains
That so many people choose to do this indicates a problem, the question is do you blame the people or the system.

Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Did homelessness increase during the great depression?
That was almost a century ago. Not relevant.

Fentanyl and other brain dead dope is gonna take some of them out, those that stay with it. Then you have the institutionals that aren’t institutionalized.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That was almost a century ago. Not relevant.

Fentanyl and other brain dead dope is gonna take some of them out, those that stay with it. Then you have the institutionals that aren’t institutionalized.
Of course it is, a bad economy leads to homelessness. I am amazed anyone would argue this obvious truth.

• Haha