Any of you foo's air fry ?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
We've had one for the kids to use for years for Tater Tots and other frozen stuff they like.. There are only two things I use it for, one is Baked Potato in a hurry. Get it mostly cooled in the microwave and then finish it in the air fryer to get the skin crispy.

The other is fried clam strips. If you've ever gotten a fried clam basket at a bar or restaurant the air fryer will make them just as good as what you would get out.

1710943897797.png

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
We've had one for the kids to use for years for Tater Tots and other frozen stuff they like.. There are only two things I use it for, one is Baked Potato in a hurry. Get it mostly cooled in the microwave and then finish it in the air fryer to get the skin crispy.

The other is fried clam strips. If you've ever gotten a fried clam basket at a bar or restaurant the air fryer will make them just as good as what you would get out.

View attachment 175681
I bought it to try and help with healthy meals, but I love fried clam strips and will definitely give those a try when I wanna get a little bit nasty.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: grapedrink

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Tried it and was not impressed. Also, I'm tired of having so many things for the kitchen. Blender, mixing bowl thingy, air fryer, etc. sh!t just keeps piling up like I'm some kind of master chef.
I put off getting one for that reason. I don’t have the counter space. But I got this thing last Friday and have made every meal in it so far.

Reactions: r32

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
No idea what healthy you can make in one. If I want healthy I steam veggies in the microwave.
Any vegetable that you can steam, you can put in an air fryer. I’ve had great success with broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, peppers, and onions so far. Toss with a little olive oil first and add salt, pepper garlic. Really good.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003

View attachment 175681

the teenager part of my breain really wants that to say bearded clam

1710947144063.jpeg
1710947207010.png

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
We’ve had one for a while but haven’t used it much
I think it’s too small to make the amount of veggies we make
Used it last week for shrimp. Good, and easy
I’d want to use it more but any time I’m in the kitchen, I just feel like I’m in my wife’s way