Remember the Twitter Files?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
As long as we are cross pollinating threads, how about the time that you called a chubby skateboarder one of the best athletes in the world?

Or when you said that creatine didn’t work? Or that we only need 55 grams of protein per day to maintain and grow muscle?

Did you DYOR before making those statements :unsure:

:roflmao:

Steve Cab is amazing, I'd like to see you do a 13 ft air.

Since you have such a poor memory, I did a deep dive into the scientific literature on BOTH of those things and said (several times) that I stood corrected and that there was plenty of evidence to support both taking creatine supplements and for eating a higher protein diet.

I don't know why you keep returning to this well when I have gone over this at least a dozen times.

The difference between me and you (and several others on erBB) is that I will and do take a deep dive into scientific facts and will 150% admit and own my mistakes.

I'm not interested in ME being right but I am interested in knowing what the facts are.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Do you always miss the point on purpose or are you really just this dumb?

If Elon was a true free speech warrior he would have just released all the files and let everyone have a go. Instead he selectively gave journalists like Taiibi access to parts of it that fit his narrative.

I think that the core gov censorship story was newsworthy but because of the way it was handled it was so easy to dismiss it.

Taiibi lent his credibility to Musk and got played like an idiot. It was super disappointing because I thought some of his past reporting on the financial crisis was really good but this whole twitter thing was so obvious from the get go and he walked right into it. Also, his actual reporting was sloppy and he gave a pretty disastrous interview with Mehdi Hasan which made him look like a total fool.

The icing on the cake was Musk shadow banning Taiibi and censoring Substack links on Twitter.
This X infinity

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
thanks you all for the reminder that I need to post a little never forget refresher course on how the government conspired with social media to suppress the truth with respect to covid

we all owe Tiabbi a debt of gratitude for his unwavering commitment to the core principles of journalism

and fuck Elon

:dancing:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
thanks you all for the reminder that I need to post a little never forget refresher course on how the government conspired with social media to suppress the truth with respect to covid

we all owe Tiabbi a debt of gratitude for his unwavering commitment to the core principles of journalism

and fuck Elon

:dancing:
Matt is good and Elon manipulated him?

He was a pawn?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Translation: “ I stopped liking him when he became critical of my team”
And you started loving him as soon as he allowed every scumbag on the right carte blanche and censoring anyone who criticizes him, the hypocrisy and dishonesty is what untites you and Musk.

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Do you always miss the point on purpose or are you really just this dumb?

If Elon was a true free speech warrior he would have just released all the files and let everyone have a go. Instead he selectively gave journalists like Taiibi access to parts of it that fit his narrative.

I think that the core gov censorship story was newsworthy but because of the way it was handled it was so easy to dismiss it.

Taiibi lent his credibility to Musk and got played like an idiot. It was super disappointing because I thought some of his past reporting on the financial crisis was really good but this whole twitter thing was so obvious from the get go and he walked right into it. Also, his actual reporting was sloppy and he gave a pretty disastrous interview with Mehdi Hasan which made him look like a total fool.

The icing on the cake was Musk shadow banning Taiibi and censoring Substack links on Twitter.
That’s a lot of words to prove my point

You don’t like the exposure of what you believed and you don’t like Elon

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Also, if you’re not realizing the Substack link thing is is a business move rather than a “free speech” move I’m sorry, I can’t help you

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
And you went from rabid Anti Globalist to Elon bootlicker, just an insecure man looking for a strong daddy.
It’s truly incredible how you can stitch together mad lib words to expose how little you understand

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
It’s truly incredible how you can stitch together mad lib words to expose how little you understand
LOL, Just a manchild looking for strong daddy, First Trump,Putin, then the Proud Bois, now Musk. What does it say about your character you chose complete scumbags?

Reactions: Pico

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Lost credibility for what- posting leaked documents :unsure: If he talked Elon up as if he was some champion of free speech then I would agree, but I don’t recall him doing that :unsure:

I do agree that he got played and was naive as to what Elon’s intentions were.

they were demonstrably one sided; elon cherry picked what he made available

subsequent testimony and documentation provided by other employees laid this out

that's why he lost credibility...Taibbi did not do his due diligence and got played by Elon

this has been stated repeatedly here previously....I'm not sure why we're having this conversation again

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

subsequent testimony and documentation provided by other employees laid this out

that's why he lost credibility...Taibbi did not do his due diligence and got played by Elon

this has been stated repeatedly here previously....I'm not sure why we're having this conversation again
We’re having this conversation again because Taibbi came out and admitted it. Despite that @grapedrink and @Ifallalot are still hanging on like @GromsDad is hanging on to hope of Hunter Biden taking down Sleepy Joe.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

What exactly was “the other side” of the argument :unsure:

....I'm not sure why we're having this conversation again
Maybe because Skully had EDS and tops an Elon related thread multiple times a week? No, it can’t be that . . . .

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot