Pyzel Ghost?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
This thread, and my homie's glowing recco for his Ghost has me considering one for my next purchase. He broke the fins out last week on a wipeout and drove straight to the shop for another.
Seems like a good spot in my quiver that needs filling.

Probably won't happen anytime soon though.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
This thread, and my homie's glowing recco for his Ghost has me considering one for my next purchase. He broke the fins out last week on a wipeout and drove straight to the shop for another.
Seems like a good spot in my quiver that needs filling.

Probably won't happen anytime soon though.
I hope there are some more Ghost worthy days, but with only three weeks and a few days of winter left, not sure if it'll get wet again at home for a while. Depending on the forecast, I may bring it to Kauai with me in early April.

The biggest waves I've ever seen in my zone (Redondo) was March 2, 2014, so I won't give up Ghost hope yet.

Last edited:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Had 4 surfs on my Ghost the past week - 5 to 10ft faces, so ok to proper good waves. It's an outstanding board.

If the Gremlin has a relaxed Ghost rocker I could see that two board quiver working very well.
it would be. did you ever decide on which gentleman's graveler?

Reactions: Maz

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Nah, the surf has pumped since I posted that. Been thinking 7-8' boards instead, haha.

But a Gremlin would probably suit me.

Pyzelsurfboards

OTF status
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if that's the one Kolohe said (in this season's SITD) had a twisted blank and was for all intents and purposes an asymmetrical. @Pyzelsurfboards can you confirm the story about the "magic" Ghost?
I thnk Kolohe had a little bit of sunstroke going on there!
JJ had one Ghost that had slightly different angles on the front fins, so I am guessing that is the story that Kolohe was thinking of, but no twisted blanks

Leonardo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 10, 2020
JJF futures techflex mediums.
faaaaak yeah. i totally agree. and i love the ghost as much as you are saying you do. always get buzzin too when i ride it in good waves. and man, one of my ghosts has the quad plugs, and it goes insane with rasta quads. hard to say which goes best (jjf techflex vs rasta quad), different feelings but both so good.

Reactions: flyinraptr
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
faaaaak yeah. i totally agree. and i love the ghost as much as you are saying you do. always get buzzin too when i ride it in good waves. and man, one of my ghosts has the quad plugs, and it goes insane with rasta quads. hard to say which goes best (jjf techflex vs rasta quad), different feelings but both so good.
Whats it like with the rasta quad compared to the jjf techflex?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Ghost does just fine in weaker surf.
That's not been my experience in some sections of the fast-slow-fast reef waves here. But it's entirely possible it's archer, not arrow. It's admittedly more HP than I really need at this point in my surfing. I've got other boars that eat up weaker surf, so I can't say I've forced the ghost to try much. Same reason I haven't surfed the AO much.

Reactions: MathDebater

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That's not been my experience in some sections of the fast-slow-fast reef waves here. But it's entirely possible it's archer, not arrow. It's admittedly more HP than I really need at this point in my surfing. I've got other boars that eat up weaker surf, so I can't say I've forced the ghost to try much. Same reason I haven't surfed the AO much.
It could be due to my ghost being a dark arts build…

I also only run it as a quad.

AO needs a real wave….

Reactions: oeste858