Tomo MPH

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Cross-post from surf journal thread:
IMG_0175.jpegMixed it up today. All the recent tomo thread revival made me pull this lonely one out of the rack. 5’9 X-wing is meant to be a slopey wave boar but it did fine on the punchier sections . Some fun fast-slow-fast WH-CH frontside waves. Heavy crowd of 30-40 y.o. local rippers so dims picked off what I could and darted in and out of the inside peak between sets.
Boar is a bit of a trip with a thinned-out bullet nose and pretty foiled rails and tail, but it was nice n whippy… and smurfy AF. I like it as a quad, I think the rears placement closer to the stringer (than I normally prefer) and the center diamond tip add enough hold for that wide tail. Feels a lil small for me now (paddling) but a really fun boar

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Wife and I don't have 100 percent joint finances so my play money is my play money. She knows how much they are.

She didn't grasp the expense of my fishing tackle though but I quickly reminded her that we have a freezer stoked with fish :)
This! Joint account for bills, grocery, etc. Separate personal accounts for borts and whatever the hell she buys. Been this way since we got hitched. Never an argument about money.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Wife and I don't have 100 percent joint finances so my play money is my play money. She knows how much they are.

She didn't grasp the expense of my fishing tackle though but I quickly reminded her that we have a freezer stoked with fish :)
I have no real idea how much money we have. Wife takes care of all of it.

I don’t give a single fuck about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm 5'6" and coming in at a whopping 145lbs (thanks Carnivore Diet).
Shred sled is coming in at 5'2" x 18 3/8 x 2 9/16 x 25.5L.

Coming off the pointy nose twin fins the nose and size of the Vader V2 felt kinda awkward, but it's starting to feel super good now! The wide outline is very stable and the sweet spot is pretty broad. You don't have to have your foot right on the tail for the board to work (although maximum shredage will happen if it is).

I've been liking the Kraken Twins on the front and trailer fins in the rear quad boxes, but Tomo strongly suggested the Endorfin medium quads with this board so that is what I just ordered. He said that this model specifically likes those fins so I went with what the shaper suggested.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Also, I rode the board today as a thruster - for the 1st time - and worked well. The Revo was super weird as a thruster and didn't work for me at all. The Vader V2 felt good with the thruster. I rode the P6 Futures fins, which is a large pivot fin - similar template to the Endorfins (I believe). I'm gonna ride the next few sessions as a thruster and see how it compares.

Slowly peeling back the layers on this Vader V2 onion!

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm 5'6" and coming in at a whopping 145lbs (thanks Carnivore Diet).
Shred sled is coming in at 5'2" x 18 3/8 x 2 9/16 x 25.5L.

Coming off the pointy nose twin fins the nose and size of the Vader V2 felt kinda awkward, but it's starting to feel super good now! The wide outline is very stable and the sweet spot is pretty broad. You don't have to have your foot right on the tail for the board to work (although maximum shredage will happen if it is).

I've been liking the Kraken Twins on the front and trailer fins in the rear quad boxes, but Tomo strongly suggested the Endorfin medium quads with this board so that is what I just ordered. He said that this model specifically likes those fins so I went with what the shaper suggested.
What’s the rear foil on those Endorphins?