Morning of the Earth

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Question: Can I put a traction pad on the Au Go Go, or is that not allowed?

Feels like it might need one...

Reactions: need 4 speed

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
That Massive 7'2" I saw chilling in the racks at the local shop is still there. Next to it was an Album darkness 7'er in a sweet red tint $1900 Aud. Shop girl asked if I needed help and so got her to price check the Album as it had no info sheet attached. She said there's a years wait on the Albums. Don't know about the MOTEs. Weirdly enough she mentioned she surfs the local point all the time. Mentioned that's where I sprouted and told her the mane of the apartments I used to live in. Crazily she lives in the exact same apartment, though 40 years apart.
The Massive felt nice. Has a light tint which makes it look snazzy. IMG_0410.JPG

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Surfed my 6'2 AuGoGo today at a bouldery spot that works like a point with the right swell direction. Was a bit nervous taking it out cos I always ding my boards up at this spot. Luckily I had it to myself so could just wait for the lined up ones. Was over head and quite heavy. Board worked like a dream - fast and responsive. Even my poor gf sat in my van commented that I was going really fast. Gonna try the 7'4 Massive in a couple of days...

Disclaimer: The rocker is actually quite flat for a supposed step-up, so I ate sh!t on my first wave. But that's actually a good thing cos it will hopefully go in more average conditions.

Last edited:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
That Massive 7'2" I saw chilling in the racks at the local shop is still there. Next to it was an Album darkness 7'er in a sweet red tint $1900 Aud. Shop girl asked if I needed help and so got her to price check the Album as it had no info sheet attached. She said there's a years wait on the Albums. Don't know about the MOTEs. Weirdly enough she mentioned she surfs the local point all the time. Mentioned that's where I sprouted and told her the mane of the apartments I used to live in. Crazily she lives in the exact same apartment, though 40 years apart.
The Massive felt nice. Has a light tint which makes it look snazzy. View attachment 148904
Surely this has your name all over it, Pete?

edit: wtfchinese characters in Facebook link?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Surely this has your name all over it, Pete?

edit: wtfchinese characters in Facebook link?
Not enough foam for these old bones. Old mate who owns it orders new boards like a whirling dervish.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Not enough foam for these old bones. Old mate who owns it orders new boards like a whirling dervish.
Haha yea, seen him advertise a lot before. I wish I could "follow" his marketplace sales activity - other social media platforms with for sale sections let you do that ... like my pinkbike.com days.

ps: it's 42 litres, you want a sup or something? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Retropete
Mar 7, 2022
I’ve got a few Motes in the quiver ranging from 5’10 through 6’4. Putting any interest in trades out there for a 6’6” or a massive.

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Surfed my 7'4 Massive at an overhead river mouth that ledges on take-off then goes fat and rolly a couple of days ago. Paddles like a dream and surfs like a performance twin a good deal shorter. I think this board could surf as big of a wave as I'd be interested in surfing.

One interesting aspect of the beaked nose in conjunction with flattish rocker is that it works like a submarine if you dig the nose on take-off. On one take-off, I thought I was going down for sure, but the water just beaded off the nose, then it emerged from its underwater adventure to let me carry on riding! Might have been just a lucky escape, but I thought I was pretty cool.

Super stoked on these boards.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
@Goodfish any more thoughts on your Massive?
That 7'2" I posted about being available back in Feb is still available. I was at the factory today as it has been moved back to there. Took it out in the sunshine and popped it on a rack and under the arm. Its 21" x 2&12/16". Felt very, very nice. Thinking of selling a kidney.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
@Goodfish any more thoughts on your Massive?
That 7'2" I posted about being available back in Feb is still available. I was at the factory today as it has been moved back to there. Took it out in the sunshine and popped it on a rack and under the arm. Its 21" x 2&12/16". Felt very, very nice. Thinking of selling a kidney.
First of all, I love it, but there are qualifiers. I've mainly surfed it in small stuff, but I think it would handle big stuff too. The only reason I haven't tried is because at 7'2 and beefy it's a real effort to duck dive. It's fast and smooth, but a little tracky in waist high waves. I think that might be due to the triple stringer as the 7'10 I tried before was much more responsive and that was just a single stringer. I've had it out a shoulder high Trestles-ish kinda wave and that was super fun. Also, at an overhead fat burger which was only OK but mainly because it was a burger. What I think it really wants is a meaty rolling point, but those only come alive in typhoon swells and there are always sneaker sets to get through. If I was you, I'd just get that stock board. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun, and it will be an easy sell if you decide you don't like it.

Mar 5, 2024
You’ve changed, man. It all started with your first burch. Once you accept that a surfboar nose can look like a picklefork, your whole worldview is altered (I assume).
I've been having cereal every day for breakfast and fresh milk from a glass bottle, as I found a local milk delivery service, it's so nostalgic and wholesome having it out of the glass bottle like the old days.