Longest you have waited for a custom order?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Sorry to hear that. I know he’s busy. He’s a super nice guy and his boards work amazing. He has a big group of local rippers who’ll only ride his boards. Best rails in the game IMO.
It's all good. My friend who's local even offered to stop by his factory to ask about it, but I said don't worry about it. Got my deposit back no hassles.

Agreed - don't know how the Con Fish has so much foam hidden at the stringer, but rails still so knifey

Reactions: racer1 and JDJ

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
oh man. Did your fren want to pound 'em at the factory, but you called him off? Akila doesn't even know how close he came to a brutal beating.
haha not even bra. my friend is a 5'3 girl, and Akila towers at least a foot over Noel Salsa

Jul 1, 2009
"longest": 7 weeks and still counting for the local rep of a US-based brand to give me the price for a particular model. numerous assurances that revised materials costing and pricing will be ready 'tomorrow'.

quickest: 9 days from order to board in my hands, Smith shapes. the 9 days included custom colour, a long/holiday weekend, and shipping across the country.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Longest might have been a CI through Varial during covid. 4-5 Months, I think it was. I wasn't too bothered by the wait though since they gave me a heads up when I ordered.

SMTH shapes was fast. Shipped to my door in 4 weeks.

Stamps is always pretty reasonable although I know he got backed up during covid as well.

Reactions: Fishyhb and JDJ

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
My 6 month wait was Bing at the height of Covid in 2020, pretty sure the bottleneck was at glassing. Boar had full resin color and gloss polish. Whenever I called the shop they were apologetic and responsive and were happy to check with production for me.

My 2 week turnaround was a custom clear pu Pyzel Red Tiger ordered from Pyzel Oside through my local surf shop. Board turned out great.

Feb 18, 2024
I waited 7 months for my last parmenter’s but they were shaped and shipped in about a month the glasser was just out of town for awhile. I got a xtr ci In two weeks that was great and a maurice cole xtr in two but it wasn’t even close to what I ordered

Reactions: JDJ

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Long drive today so I struggled through the latest Surf Splendor with a guy who can put lipstick on a pig, resinwork artist Superwolf.

So business is slow as hell, and the guru shaper accounts held by their their glass shop (Burch, THC, JTudor, Derrick Disney, McCallum) basically all go to Japan where they are suffering currency issues so the order flow has slowed. Please bring your boards to them because they need work.

All I can say is so much makes sense now...

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I've ordered lots of boards from multiple shapers. I always felt like I was last on the priority list and the overwhelming majority treated me like I didn't matter and was bothering them when I wanted to discuss the board and what would work for me. And multiple times I ended up with a board that wasn't even close to what I asked for.

At this point I'd rather just buy a board off the rack or through craigslist than deal with them.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I've ordered lots of boards from multiple shapers. I always felt like I was last on the priority list and the overwhelming majority treated me like I didn't matter and was bothering them when I wanted to discuss the board and what would work for me. And multiple times I ended up with a board that wasn't even close to what I asked for.

At this point I'd rather just buy a board off the rack or through craigslist than deal with them.
I see a stamps custom in your future. I’m sure he can dial you in and his prices are still too low for the value. Tell him The erBB sent ya

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Curious who you're ordering from - TBH I can't relate to this experience.