Divorce Thread better than book thread

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
wife was in jail - put all her sh!t on deck - grabbed good furniture and fancy sh!t and put in storage off Garnett street - flew to Maui grabbed kid and flew to Nias - about
5 years ago
Can we ask why she went to jail?

Need me to drop into La Jolla and check on the house!? I have plenty of good references.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Haven't experienced it yet. And my wife says she would never do that to me (unless I cheat).

Seen many good men/friends get absolutely gang raped by the system though.
I hear that all the time
But would they rather be in a shitty life long commitment?
There’s a bunch of divorced guys here. I wonder how many say they should’ve stayed for the money
There’s at least one poster here who says he did stay for the money. I’m not sure how well that’s working out for him

Last edited:

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I think I'm good. Her father helped us get an apartment (I paid a lot but I don't think enough to be 50/50). The car is hers. She goes nasty on me I claim half of her stuff (goes both ways). :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I got fucked but its ok. Pay a small fortune every month but I will admit my ex is a great mom. Some friends who have it way worse.

Just shouldnt have married her!! :foreheadslap:
Didn't you say she was geting a bunch of money and gifts as an OF model?

Or mebbe somebody else?

And you're still having to pay her?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Alimony is fvcking crazy. Especially lifetime alimony.

I wrote a big expose for a newspaper on how women abuse the system.

Names had to be named, of course.

You shoulda seen the emails and heard the voicemails the women left....lol...how they were gonna sue my sorry ass, fuck fuck fuck you, etc. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

There's nothing I enjoyed more than exposing how wretched that system is. Fuck those slimy hoes.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I mean marriage is a legal contract
But I don’t think that people understand the contract details as they’re walking down the aisle

Seems like in general if both parties have similar earnings then noone gets screwed, but I don’t have any experience in this area and don’t even know that many divorced people. At least not well enough to know the financials

Reactions: kawika and Havoc

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Lifetime alimony seems insane

I've heard it said the reason divorce laws are so f*&ed is that they were written with societal norms 100+ years ago. Women just didn't work. And divorce wasn't common. so if and when it happened, there was just a built in assumption that a woman literally could not support herself, so, hubby had to support her for the rest of her life. That hasn't been the norm in many decades, but most divorce law hasn't been revised or modernized. Some states are better than others i think.