CA storm this weekend

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I just talked to my kid in Santa Rosa and he said they never lost power and the only thing that happened was the internet went off for a little while. :shrug:
Could see the glow last night.

Power still out but PG&E said they started working on it this afternoon. So maybe by 8 tonight?

The Mexican food is A+, surf is very good when it's working, and the area is beautiful but goddamn it, it is such a pissant 3rd world hickhole in so many ways, it is aggravating. I'd expect it in rural Uganda but not in the US.

And how PG&E hasn't been death sentenced or nationalized after all their BS over the years is beyond me.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

Power still out but PG&E said they started working on it this afternoon. So maybe by 8 tonight?

The Mexican food is A+, surf is very good when it's working, and the area is beautiful but goddamn it, it is such a pissant 3rd world hickhole in so many ways, it is aggravating. I'd expect it in rural Uganda but not in the US.

And how PG&E hasn't been death sentenced or nationalized after all their BS over the years is beyond me.
They went woke and hired a woman CEO after bankruptcy, so they can't be cancelled now.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Woodland Hills is reporting almost 10” so far. Agoura 7.5” and Bel Air 9.25”.

wHy diD tHe nEwS sCaRe uS? HoW dId tHEy geT iT WronG?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Woodland Hills is reporting almost 10” so far. Agoura 7.5” and Bel Air 9.25”.

wHy diD tHe nEwS sCaRe uS? HoW dId tHEy geT iT WronG?
I saw Topanga had 11” but the sun is shining over Duffmans house!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Move back to LA where it’s civilized and safe.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Oh sh!t!! just talked to my good buddy in Montecito. The family residence was severly impacted by the mudslides so every time the media does this they go through a full stress cycle.

Sandbag everything.
evacuate to hotel
Worry until storm is over

The damage to their home? One of their palm trees had a frond come off.... wind must have been something :rolleyes:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Carp Creek under the 101 this AM.
Not bad at all, the last storm in January, this same spot was 1/2 way up the walls and a $hitload of trees and brush was clogging it.
There's a sandbar forming at the mouth, saw one brave/dumb soul out trying to get an ear/sinus infection. What a dummy.
So far, one big nothingburger. We'll take it.IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
why’d tHeY Do ViRtuaL claSSeS tOdAy? What about the students’ rights!?!
Can't do remote without electricity! Although not sure why you can't do in-person learning...

I went to elementary school in Topanga. Had to work to keep water out of 2nd/3rd grade classroom when it rained hard. Wind would slam the door open with water washing in, one time with a toad which a friend picked up. And them got peed on. Future wart count unconfirmed.

Bottom line - schools stayed open even with toads. Power companies even handled. And there were even trees!