House panel approves impeachment articles against DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
House panel approves impeachment articles against DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas

----------------------------------------------------
A Republican-led House panel approved articles of impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas early Wednesday for having “willfully and systematically” flouted federal immigration laws and breached the public trust.

The House Homeland Security Committee voted 18-15 along party lines for the two articles of impeachment, affirming that Mayorkas failed to detain migrants crossing the border before deciding whether to grant asylum.

The articles also state that the secretary ignored records requests from the committee and misled Congress about having “operational control” of the US border and maintaining that it is “secure.”

The marathon hearing, which dragged on for more than 15 hours, saw several procedural attempts by Democrats to tank the impeachment effort, with Republicans insisting that their year-long investigation had uncovered sufficient evidence that Mayorkas violated his oath of office.

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) pledged on Friday to hold a floor vote on the articles “as soon as possible” after having released a memo earlier this month citing 64 times the Biden administration undermined US border security.

If passed in the narrowly divided House, Mayorkas would be the second Cabinet official impeached in US history — and the first since Secretary of War William Belknap in 1876.

----------------------------------------------------

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
If people were poor and devoid of hope, and they came here, our benevolent, God-fearing nation, and their will to live and to carry on was restored, then that is God's plan and we will bask in the glory of God.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Matthew 25:40-45

New International Version

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fireprepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Liquidate the businesses giving them work and deport the workers/exile the executive boards making those decisions.

You can even put them on the same bus!

Reactions: Havoc and $kully

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Well it's the federal government's constitutional mandate to determine national immigration law. If certain states don't like it, then too bad, they don't get to set immigration policy.

For example, if the Feds decide to close the border completely, and California doesn't like that because they want people to pick the tomatoes and clean the toilets, then they do not have the right to just let people in. Simple as that.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Well it's the federal government's constitutional mandate to determine national immigration law. If certain states don't like it, then too bad, they don't get to set immigration policy.

For example, if the Feds decide to close the border completely, and California doesn't like that because they want people to pick the tomatoes and clean the toilets, then they do not have the right to just let people in. Simple as that.
Is there a shortage of people in California that are unqualified to pick tomatoes and clean toilets?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
All this sh!t. No man. I'm done.

I don't know their immigration status but my life just got saved an hour or so ago by a trio of mexican laborers. Got overtaken by a hail and lightning cell out running. I could see my house shining in the sun barely a mile away, knew my main route would take me into the teeth of it so shortcut my route, took a more direct route, thinking I could turn the corner of the storm and outrun the pounding rain I was in. And then the hail caught me and the lightning was on both sides of me and on my ass hard. And I'm in the middle of the open fields on the side of the road - fucked. Not even time to call/text the wife, no passive thumb out, full on distress 911 I need a ride/shelter absolutely now in the next 30-45 seconds.

It is such a sickening feeling when you feel death flat out overtake you.

Several cars DGAF but man, those guys, they pulled right up in front of me, opened the door, waved me in to the car ASAP. Saved my life. Between my basic Spanish and their choppy English, they got me home and I am really, really grateful right now.

America is a better place with that kind of generosity here. We could use more of it, not less.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
All this sh!t. No man. I'm done.

I don't know their immigration status but my life just got saved an hour or so ago by a trio of mexican laborers. Got overtaken by a hail and lightning cell out running. I could see my house shining in the sun barely a mile away, knew my main route would take me into the teeth of it so shortcut my route, took a more direct route, thinking I could turn the corner of the storm and outrun the pounding rain I was in. And then the hail caught me and the lightning was on both sides of me and on my ass hard. And I'm in the middle of the open fields on the side of the road - fucked. Not even time to call/text the wife, no passive thumb out, full on distress 911 I need a ride/shelter absolutely now in the next 30-45 seconds.

It is such a sickening feeling when you feel death flat out overtake you.

Several cars DGAF but man, those guys, they pulled right up in front of me, opened the door, waved me in to the car ASAP. Saved my life. Between my basic Spanish and their choppy English, they got me home and I am really, really grateful right now.

America is a better place with that kind of generosity here. We could use more of it, not less.
Is this code for

“they sold me drugs before they robbed me, raped me and murdered me?” :monkey: