*** Official Snow Surfing Thread ***

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
I always lock our boards. The lock I use weighs 0.4lbs. Worth it to carry around.

Seems 10x worse than at the beach because you have big groups of people leaving all their equipment in one area. So ripe for the picking... and if these dirt bags get caught pulling it from the rack they can feign ignorance and claim they thought it was their board.

So happy to see people getting caught and charged with grand theft.

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
I always lock our boards. The lock I use weighs 0.4lbs. Worth it to carry around.

Seems 10x worse than at the beach because you have big groups of people leaving all their equipment in one area. So ripe for the picking... and if these dirt bags get caught pulling it from the rack they can feign ignorance and claim they thought it was their board.

So happy to see people getting caught and charged with grand theft.

We strap our boards to the rack with the ankle strap. It's not perfect but it slows a thief from grabbing as they move past and they grab the next one instead. If I'm going to be away from it for a while I find a place inside to stash it.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
We strap our boards to the rack with the ankle strap. It's not perfect but it slows a thief from grabbing as they move past and they grab the next one instead. If I'm going to be away from it for a while I find a place inside to stash it.
I always use a lock. I had the wicked small DaKine one but the numbers were too hard to read bc I’m old so I gave it away and got the bigger one smh

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I always get a shitload more shavings. I like his style though.
Im a big fan of Japanese style, design, etc in general and he’s got it going on. I love his workspace/bench area. So far it definitely helped me use less wax but like a lot of (Japanese?) things/techniques they’re deceptively simple bc I still ended up with a bunch of shavings and dust. Def going to fuck with some more.

Almost blew it off but since there wasn’t any wax on it went to town first on the edges with the gummy stone, hit the one chewed up spot with the mini diamond file some more and ran the diamond disc bevel along the side cut edges at 88deg.

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Spring conditions at mammoth this weekend. Currently 50F at the base.

itll be interesting to see the new snow on top of all the freshly melted next week.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
that video post above is kind of intriguing to me. I am pretty board with snowboarding but I am enjoying my attempts at those carves on groomers. I will try the shoulder positioning next time.

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Spring conditions at mammoth this weekend. Currently 50F at the base.

itll be interesting to see the new snow on top of all the freshly melted next week.
Big Bear is getting wrecked with high 50’s for days now and ahead. Snow moving in Thursday though and we are planning to go Friday when it’s moving out. Hoping it’s enough to cover what is sure to be frozen corn.

Reactions: sdsrfr