Trump immunity

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Trump told the Supreme Court in a Dec. 9, 2020 brief filed by his lawyer at the time, John Eastman. “He seeks to intervene in this matter in his personal capacity as a candidate for reelection,” Eastman wrote.
It’s certainly not helpful, but I’m not sure that’s dispositive. His reelection campaign was outside the scope of his presidency, but his argument is that the various calls etc. were being made in his role as president to ensure the election was legal. It’s a loser argument, but not because he joined a case in his personal capacity. At best, it’s another piece of evidence to use against him.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
“And that’s a valid legal argument that probably correct. You and I may not like it but Presiden do have immunity from legal prosecution.”

Wanna bet this isn’t how Trump’s argument is resolved by the courts?
If i were to bet I’d say SCOTUS sort of splits the baby on it. They’ll rule some sort of limited immunity from some things.

In the end, I do not think the federal case will go to trial with the charges as they currently are.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Last edited:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
He “basically said” that?

You got a quote?
do you have any more questions >> :) )

Reacting to Sauer's remarks from the Senate floor on Tuesday, in reference to Trump, Schatz commented: "In the authoritarian future he's clamoring for he gets to do anything he wants, wielding unparalleled power in the presidency and zero repercussions. That's not a president, that's a dictator. That's not equal justice under the law, that's one law for Trump and another for everybody else. Think about what they're saying and ask yourselves are you comfortable with that?"

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
She did call out her fantasy more than once....

Oooops. Wrong anti-Semitic squad member.

She is a mother, and had her young daughter next to her when she claimed it that night.

Such class.
1705185963601.png

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You took a general statement and attributed a specificity that I did not offer.
Hmm, context is key.

In a discussion about whether or not a president could shoot someone and avoid prosecution unless he’s first impeached, the answer “You and I may not like it but Presidents do have immunity from legal prosecution” is not particularly general.

Reactions: afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Hmm, context is key.

In a discussion about whether or not a president could shoot someone and avoid prosecution unless he’s first impeached, the answer “You and I may not like it but Presidents do have immunity from legal prosecution” is not particularly general.
Read the statement as it is.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Re: 2023 -- a dark year for America
With the door officially shut on 2023 and the first vote of the 2024 election set to be cast in just DAYS, I thought it was time I sent you a personal letter on my reflections of this past year – one of the darkest years in American history.
All I ever wanted was to make this country that we all hold so dear and love so much GREAT AGAIN!
But to the villainous forces in the Washington Swamp, to Crooked Joe and his accomplices, that is the ultimate crime.
In 2023, the Radical Democrats unlawfully ARRESTED the leading 2024 presidential candidate (yours truly) four times, took a MUGSHOT of me, forced me off the campaign trail and into the courtroom for SHAM TRIALS, unlawfully REMOVED my name from the ballot, GAGGED and CENSORED me, are attempting to JAIL me for life as an innocent man, and are even seeking the “corporate death penalty” against me and my family.
It might be hard to believe given what you’ve witnessed ever since I first rode down the golden escalator, but there was a point in time when I lived a pretty nice life…
…Even the media said nice things about me!
But then, I did something they couldn’t possibly comprehend, something that undermined every globalist and radical left-wing instinct in their bones.
I chose YOU – the PEOPLE!
I chose to put AMERICA FIRST.
JOIN US! >>​
I chose to give the forgotten, hardworking men and women of this country a voice, to fight back against the Washington ruling class that hates our country, to stop the warmongers, and to rout out the Deep State.
And if I could go back and do it all over again, I wouldn’t have it any other way!
Remember, they’re not really coming after me, Damon, they’re coming after YOU. I’m just standing in their way – and I ALWAYS will, stand in their way.
Which is why, in the most consequential election year of our lives, Crooked Joe and the Democrats will use every last bit of LEGAL WARFARE imaginable to try and stop us.
But what these crooks, thugs, and fools fail to understand, just as they failed to understand all the way back in 2015, is that I will NEVER, EVER SURRENDER our country to their tyranny!
And I know that patriots like YOU won’t either…
CONTRIBUTE TO JOIN US! >>​
Come November 5, WE THE PEOPLE will PROVE that good and honest Americans had the courage to peacefully cast off the Radical Democrat regime that is destroying our country from within, and replace it with a government that serves and protects YOU.
So please, with 2024 voting officially beginning in just DAYS, make a contribution of any amount to show that YOU too will NEVER SURRENDER – and together, we will WIN BACK the White House and SAVE AMERICA once and for all.
Thank you and God bless you,
Donald J. Trump