Entire west coast about to get some action

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I dragged a kid off the rocks there about a 1/2 mile down one New Year day, saved his ass big-time.
His board was broken and he was snagged by the leash on the rocks getting dragged up and down on the surges.
His luck, I had caught a wave all the way through and ended up climbing out down there and was trotting back.
I always wrapped my leash cuff Velcro the exact same way/direction every time so if I ever had to undo it in a hurry it was nbd

I also developed the strategy surfing around rocks in RI to paddle out without my leash on sometimes and take it off before done paddling in sometimes.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I was talking specifically about Salsipuedes. Not the entire pacific coast. Ever surfed there? Thanks.
I have. I’m guessing most So Cal people on this board have.

Is this where you break out your “back in the good ol days” stuff to show Surfdog he was wrong about the swell direction quip?

Did you surf today?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
'83 Was out of control.
'98 Was bigger, by a lot.
There was one year in the early aughts where it was several feet overhead with good conditions for like a month straight. I got a lot of really good waves that year, surfed 'em well.
I remember SteveT's '06 swell I got Sharks a couple feet OH and just honing.
Last year we had a couple of giant days where (somebody posted a pic here) it was closing out from Rincon to the oil island.

This is a nice swell for sure but this "biggest ever" bullshit is just that.
Winter of either 09/10 or 10/11. Can’t remember which. From November to March it was good to great almost every day. Was surfing Rincon in mid February and people were just saying, “you want it? Go.“

Reactions: npsp and hammies

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Good direction for “leave if you can”.
This guy reposted the vid of me at "leave if you can" last year and tried to claim it as his own. :rolleyes:

Reactions: hammies

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I have. I’m guessing most So Cal people on this board have.

Is this where you break out your “back in the good ol days” stuff to show Surfdog he was wrong about the swell direction quip?

Did you surf today?
Congratulations! I seriously doubt that. Start a poll.

No.

No. No matter how many times you ask that question, the answer won’t change. It remains to be seen how often you surf and where when you reach my age. If you make it that long. That’s an unknown.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
This guy reposted the vid of me at "leave if you can" last year and tried to claim it as his own. :rolleyes:

Last angle is insane.

And huh? Troy Eckert claimed your wave?

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

:roflmao:

I never surfed there with more than the guys I went with. The road was challenging. Things change.

Reactions: keenfish

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Congratulations! I seriously doubt that. Start a poll.

No.

No. No matter how many times you ask that question, the answer won’t change. It remains to be seen how often you surf and where when you reach my age. If you make it that long. That’s an unknown.
What are you, like 80?

Seems like those life choices you keep talking about didn’t really leave you in a great spot, hey?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I dragged a kid off the rocks there about a 1/2 mile down one New Year day, saved his ass big-time.
His board was broken and he was snagged by the leash on the rocks getting dragged up and down on the surges.
His luck, I had caught a wave all the way through and ended up climbing out down there and was trotting back.
Back before they re-did the freeway and put a bike lane in and no left exit for La Conchita, I had a wave from the top of indicator to two signs down on the freeway. Climbed up the rocks with my board, walked down to the pit, up the beach, and back out at Indicator. Did it again that day. Had a third one I stopped early and bellied into the spot just past the shack & walked to my car, entirely satisfied with life.

Right now, I dream of surfing. Day 7 of fevers - thank you Influenza A. It's no joke. This is so much worse than Covid ever was.

• Dislike
Reactions: santacruzin

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA

That's you surfing? That's awesome..... What a great wave to have recorded!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What are you, like 80?

Seems like those life choices you keep talking about didn’t really leave you in a great spot, hey?
1703900710994.jpeg
This is truly a great spot. No debt to anyone, 2 1/2 acres for the kids, grandkids, and dogs to run around. Surf a short walk away. Been like that since before I was younger than your age. You’ll never experience the same no matter how much money you have.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Back before they re-did the freeway and put a bike lane in and no left exit for La Conchita, I had a wave from the top of indicator to two signs down on the freeway. Climbed up the rocks with my board, walked down to the pit, up the beach, and back out at Indicator. Did it again that day. Had a third one I stopped early and bellied into the spot just past the shack & walked to my car, entirely satisfied with life.

Right now, I dream of surfing. Day 7 of fevers - thank you Influenza A. It's no joke. This is so much worse than Covid ever was.
The flu fucks me up bad. Been hospitalized twice from flu.

drink lots of liquids….

Reactions: sh3 and hammies

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
View attachment 169542
This is truly a great spot. No debt to anyone, 2 1/2 acres for the kids, grandkids, and dogs to run around. Surf a short walk away. Been like that since before I was younger than your age. You’ll never experience the same no matter how much money you have.
68 but too decrepit to surf? Plenty of time to sit on the purple patio. Well done.

Reactions: sussle