Entire west coast about to get some action

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
got the queen yesterday afternoon on a big twin fin. 6'8" channel bottom and it was a dream. today, out front was mental. unseen in years outer bar, doing looney things at 20'+. some crew from ventura showed up. guess the guy works at patagonia. he was doing step offs. ski driver was good, until the guy lost his board and they both got caught inside and had to worm their way on the inside to CI harbor before jamming back to vta harbor. my friend rented a room on pierpont, on the beach, and i got an invite. last night was all mellow. this morning turned a bit wild. the place got destroyed and cars and people swept up seward. pandemonium! pretty sure someone will post the video of it. inn on the beach is messed up. even flooded the 2nd floor.
here's the step off of the early morning.

Attachments

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Goddamn how I can genuinely hate where I live? Looking at all the footy, I should have packed my bags and left at 4am. So tired of junk conditions during big swells, while so many other areas looking glassy and clean. ffs :toilet:
^^^ this

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
got the queen yesterday afternoon on a big twin fin. 6'8" channel bottom and it was a dream. today, out front was mental. unseen in years outer bar, doing looney things at 20'+. some crew from ventura showed up. guess the guy works at patagonia. he was doing step offs. ski driver was good, until the guy lost his board and they both got caught inside and had to worm their way on the inside to CI harbor before jamming back to vta harbor. my friend rented a room on pierpont, on the beach, and i got an invite. last night was all mellow. this morning turned a bit wild. the place got destroyed and cars and people swept up seward. pandemonium! pretty sure someone will post the video of it. inn on the beach is messed up. even flooded the 2nd floor.
here's the step off of the early morning.
here's another of a BOMB!

Attachments

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
You'd think he was running from hot lava. A little dramatic, but pretty wild how far down the street it pushed. Should have just jumped on the back of the fire truck.

Also, I've watched a couple versions of this and props to the firefighter who stayed on his feet the whole time. Huge accomplishment with the bunker pants on.

Last edited:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Campus Point looks manageable :monkey:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Not by a longshot.
The early February mysto/ghost swell of 2006 was the biggest I've seen.
Lived near Hammonds at the time.
Walked down for a AM check and it was 2' chunky, morning sickness wind.
Came home, started some honey-do chores.
Around 11ish I heard what I thought was surf. Walked back down for a look, and holy fook!
It had jumped to 10'+ non-stop freight trains. Sped home and grabbed a board and tried to paddle out at Hammonds, ended up half way to Sharks past Miramar W/O making it out.
Sandbar was all-time huge as well as Rincon. 10-12'+ with bigger sweep throughs from the outer reef.
By mid-PM the next day it was all over.
Don't get me wrong - This is a remarkable swell event.
Should be another epic day as the wind and surface conditions are all lined up again.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Goddamn how I can genuinely hate where I live? Looking at all the footy, I should have packed my bags and left at 4am. So tired of junk conditions during big swells, while so many other areas looking glassy and clean. ffs :toilet:

agreed! This area turns every swell into garbage, and is as crowded as swamis at spots with no waves

Reactions: r32