XTR

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Could Varial be next??? :toilet:
I think the writing is on the wall where pricing is headed with the contract manufacturers. It almost looks like they’re trying to pull people back towards HQ pu/pe with those still at $900, lol.

it was all over the erBB that ordering direct from album made the least sense from a cost perspective, which is probably also the highest margin option for the company.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
It was probably me lol. I reached out to mat for some dims for a lightbender - he was stoked on making me a custom, when I told him xtr I got the sense he was not stoked, shortly after our last exchange xtr added a $450 fee to album boards…

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
When I grabbed my last board at xtr a few weeks back it was busy in there which was definitely a first for me. Made me wonder if the Salad vids are bringing in more orders. I was going to stick around a bit and chat some, but room was too crowded so I took off.

Reactions: oeste858
When I grabbed my last board at xtr a few weeks back it was busy in there which was definitely a first for me. Made me wonder if the Salad vids are bringing in more orders. I was going to stick around a bit and chat some, but room was too crowded so I took off.
Makes me feel good about my 1 month old XTR Vesper... I noticed that the order # made a significant jump - now 11xxx, from 8xxx - in the space of 5 months or so, and confronted Shey w/ this and he said the number was real and the volume was up.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Makes me feel good about my 1 month old XTR Vesper... I noticed that the order # made a significant jump - now 11xxx, from 8xxx - in the space of 5 months or so, and confronted Shey w/ this and he said the number was real and the volume was up.
Vesper and other “new Models” have an even bigger upcharge. Iirc it would be $1450 for a yellowing xtr clear.

• Dislike
Reactions: SD_Dan

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
guess the investors want an ROI pronto
I think the in-house glass shop is standing around and that tasks them to make more stock boars for retail, but those don’t sell fast anymore, so now need to push customs through HQ.