Can we talk about these little bags of poop that are showing up on my neighborhood streets and walkways?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
2. People who get butt hurt when I throw a tied off bag of sh!t in their can when it’s at the curb. There’s so much dog sh!t left on people’s lawns and sidewalks to get pissed about someone disposing of it in a trash can is just next level Karen and they can fuck right off.
I'm a dog owner and walk my dog on crowded residential streets every day. That's just rude in my humble opinion. Take it home with you or drop it in the next public trash can you come to.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I love dogs. Had two, and I picked up after their sh!t just about everyday during their 15 years of life.

But don’t throw your dog’s poop in someone’s bin around here, especially during summertime. What happen’s is that poop just cooks all day, creating a poop sauna in my bin that only has one little trash bag in it.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So I used to be the guy that dropped his poop bags in peoples' trash cans when they are out on the curb, but I mentioned this to a friend once and she said she hates it when people do that to her because they take their bins into their garage and it makes the garage stink. So now I don't do it anymore because of some strange desire I have not to be a selfish asshole.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Not nearly as much tripping as I do over people who don’t own dogs
i trip more over people who have dogs that shouldnt. living in a big apertment building - most people go to owrk all day leaving their dogs behind to whine/whimper/ and bark all at the door all day. then the others drag their dogs down the street in frustration cuz the dogs wont walk without stopping to smell every few feet.

Ive grown up with dogs, would love one but it it just isnt fair to have one in an aprtment like this and when i work all day.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
2 things that **** me off as a dog owner…

1. Getting yelled at by homeowners while I’m in the middle of picking my dogs poop up off their lawn. Whenever that happens I offer to leave it on the lawn for them. Once I was walking my sisters dog with my niece and nephew and she took a big steaming dump on the parking strip between the sidewalk and the street. I have the bag on my hand picking up a big as sh!t from a Bernese/golden retriever mix and some 12yr old kid who resembled the paperboy from better off dead started screaming and swearing at me for picking up my dogs sh!t off his lawn. First I offered to put it back. When he kept mouthing off I offered to feed it to him and he ran off screaming for his parents.

2. People who get butt hurt when I throw a tied off bag of sh!t in their can when it’s at the curb. There’s so much dog sh!t left on people’s lawns and sidewalks to get pissed about someone disposing of it in a trash can is just next level Karen and they can fuck right off.
I like the fact that you walk around carrying bags of sh!t.

• Haha
Reactions: kawika and Havoc

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
i trip more over people who have dogs that shouldnt. living in a big apertment building - most people go to owrk all day leaving their dogs behind to whine/whimper/ and bark all at the door all day. then the others drag their dogs down the street in frustration cuz the dogs wont walk without stopping to smell every few feet.

Ive grown up with dogs, would love one but it it just isnt fair to have one in an aprtment like this and when i work all day.
Preach. But bro rural dogs are just as bad, only they leave their dogs outside all day. Just as ignored just as bored just as annoying. And when the owners come home the majority don’t get walked or played with either as far as I can tell. Having too many dogs is common as well, 5 is normal here as are “outside dogs” as I’ve come to call them

Last edited:

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I always put the poop in the recycle bin because... why not. :)
Fark, with mandatory food recycling (I compost), the newest info is the poop bags mess up the anaerobic digesters. Even the so-called bio-bags. I give up.

Maybe we were better off just leaving it on the street.

Seriously, how long have humans been on this planet? Has there EVER been a time when we walked around intentionally carrying poop in our hands?

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
So I used to be the guy that dropped his poop bags in peoples' trash cans when they are out on the curb, but I mentioned this to a friend once and she said she hates it when people do that to her because they take their bins into their garage and it makes the garage stink. So now I don't do it anymore because of some strange desire I have not to be a selfish asshole.
I think that if you tie the bag closed, which I always do because sh!t stinks, that won’t happen. And what, their own trash doesn’t stink up the garage? They should keep the can outside like pretty much everyone else.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I love dogs. Had two, and I picked up after their sh!t just about everyday during their 15 years of life.

But don’t throw your dog’s poop in someone’s bin around here, especially during summertime. What happen’s is that poop just cooks all day, creating a poop sauna in my bin that only has one little trash bag in it.
Also, I don't throw the little poop bags loose inside my own trash cans. I open up a big trash bag and put them in one of the big bags. Some of the trash guys pull out the big bags so they don't have to lift and dump a heavy can. They are in a hurry and the stupid little poop bag will end up on the ground in the street or left behind in your trash can if its not in with the regular trash.

Reactions: PJ

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It's amazing to me how possessive people are about their garbage and especially recycle bins. Why would anyone care if someone is digging through their recycle bin?

If the can is on the street, on garbage day, and the truck hasn't come yet, I'd throw a dog poop bag (tied up) in it. But that's the only time.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
It's amazing to me how possessive people are about their garbage and especially recycle bins. Why would anyone care if someone is digging through their recycle bin?
I bagged my returnable recycling when I lived in LA and set it out on the curb at night for the Jawas.
Im all about trying to make life easy for people

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I bagged my returnable recycling when I lived in LA and set it out on the curb at night for the Jawas.
Sometimes I do that, but sometimes I'm lazy. I let them come onto the property and dig through though. One nice older lady knocks on the door and asks first.

Reactions: Chocki

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'm a dog owner and walk my dog on crowded residential streets every day. That's just rude in my humble opinion. Take it home with you or drop it in the next public trash can you come to.
I pick up so much trash and dog sh!t on the street. I wish people would use my trash can instead.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Sometimes I do that, but sometimes I'm lazy. I let them come onto the property and dig through though. One nice older lady knocks on the door and asks first.
I ended up kinda making a point of doing it out of admiration for their industriousness

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I do that when I have parties. I’ll leave a box or bag of empties next to or on top of my bin to make it easy for them and hopefully prevent them from going through my sh!t

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

If the can is on the street, on garbage day, and the truck hasn't come yet, I'd throw a dog poop bag (tied up) in it. But that's the only time.
I only care about people going through my bins if they leave me a mess to pick up. Most of the older Mexican class of recycling collectors are very respectful and neat. The homeless ones not so much. I’ve seen them dump entire bins, take what they want and leave the rest in the street.

Reactions: enframed

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
those little poop bags don't bother me as much as van owners who dump their sh!t tanks on residential streets and then proceed to backpaddle every wave on their 10' longboards

Reactions: Havoc and $kully