Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I am planning on ordering a Grinder X. What is your height and weight? I am thinking of a 5'11" or 6'
Talk to tim. He will get you dialed. I liked my gx’s at 5’10, some cheat float, but pro rails.

I had one made super refined and did not like it as much bc I had to be in proper surf shape for crowds but probably had one of the better “pretend I’m dane Reynolds“ big turns of my life on it.

I also had a GX RT 3” longer. That one had really good range, too.

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
I am planning on ordering a Grinder X. What is your height and weight? I am thinking of a 5'11" or 6'
I'm 5'9 190lbs. My grinder x is 6' 20 1/4 2.6 35L. I ordered this when I was 205lbs so I would go a little smaller dims if I replace it down the road. Honestly this board still feels amazing even though I'm down 15lbs. The GXRT I just ordered is going to be a 6'2 and whatever Tim goes with on width and thickness. He knows I want it to be a refined version of my 6'. I've had a 5'10 swallow tail GX and a 5'11 GX squash both around 32L in the past and they were both amazing as well.

Reactions: Havoc and nolibos

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Feel free to correct me but:

-Fusebox: Flat deck angular rails
-Fuse: Normal domed/tapered deck

If you want the same or similar rails to your RNF you could always bring it to him to help with the rails on your fuse.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
@Havoc

what's your take on a roswell vs a long line fish

My next bert is gonna be a cheater board in the 6'8"-6'10" range.

Was pretty set on the keel until he posted that roswell quad recently

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
@Havoc

what's your take on a roswell vs a long line fish

My next bert is gonna be a cheater board in the 6'8"-6'10" range.

Was pretty set on the keel until he posted that roswell quad recently
go try his 6'11 roswell quad.

i say quit fking around and get both

the caveat of the long fish is that u can't get his futures template keels anymore. maybe changing up fin position can allow for the use of the hobies (setting them back 1/2" maybe)

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
any banana fish reviews? @JDJ or anyone else?

i need a good fish in my life and im debating between a twin or quad but leaning towards a kind of stretched out quad fish for versatility.
Hey Ruka:

I haven’t ridden my Banana Fish enough to give it a full review but what I’ve tried so far, I like a lot. It is definitely more maneuverable off the tail than either the Quantum or TKF. It’s also less foiled than the TKF. The closest analogy is, IMO, the Fuse. But I think the BF may have more rocker. I prefer the BF to the Fuse because the BF turns as well or better but stil has a nice wide tail for speed generation. It’s a good design. My version has Flare rocker but Tim is also making one with Gx rocker, which I would love to try.

I think the BF would size up nicely as a long fish. I would avoid going too thick. I might also ask Tim to move the fins up slightly to increase your ability to turn.

I maybe posted these earlier but here are pics:

1698619459234.jpeg

1698619476048.jpeg

1698619492057.jpeg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
cheers @JDJ .

is the foil up front fairly thinned out like Fuse/Flare or is there some beak in the nose like a fish?

@Havoc i'm not thinking that stretched out. maybe like 6-0 which is still a few inches under my height.

would like to try a longfish at some point but just not sure the waves here are often very suited to them.

Reactions: sdsrfr and JDJ