Alaska Airlines pilot who shut off plane engine mid flight blames post-shroom psychosis...

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I haven't looked at the Ketamine research stuff, but I will say this anecdotally.

I have titrated ketamine drips on chronic pain patients for sometimes 72 hours straight.

Many of these patients also have depression.

None of these patients have ever said anything about suddenly feeling like a new person after I've stopped their drip. In fact one talked of suicide. And I know of two patients that had received multiple ketamine infusions for chronic pain over past months that ended up committing suicide not long after.

More than a few times I've titrated to high enough levels where the patient starts to become fearful ("I am not feeling well, this does not feel good, I am feeling really weird and not in a good way,") etc. and we have to back off quick.

I don't know how to what degree they are dosing people for depression, but I have heard it's not enough to put someone into a k-hole (which is not fun by any account I've heard).

Thus I am rather skeptical.
if someone has time to think - this isnt feeling good - its not enough K. its supposed to feel weird, it comes on as soon as it drips nasally at least.. you really dont want a k-hole whatsoever but you want to be right on the brink. thats where the fun is. that dosage is very very hard to figure out and you build a tolerance quick making it trickier. I had my fun with it but doubt its theroputic abilities..its just a weird drug - you do it to feel weird. I got over it very quickly once i realized id probably never get that perfect dose ever again. I used to know a girl that bumped K as often as a heavy smoker smoke. she was a fkn weirdo - but the dissasciotitive effects jived with her.

i will say the tiniest bump while high on mdma is like a super charger for your roll.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
if someone has time to think - this isnt feeling good - its not enough K. its supposed to feel weird, it comes on as soon as it drips nasally at least.. you really dont want a k-hole whatsoever but you want to be right on the brink. thats where the fun is. that dosage is very very hard to figure out and you build a tolerance quick making it trickier. I had my fun with it but doubt its theroputic abilities..its just a weird drug - you do it to feel weird. I got over it very quickly once i realized id probably never get that perfect dose ever again. I used to know a girl that bumped K as often as a heavy smoker smoke. she was a fkn weirdo - but the dissasciotitive effects jived with her.

i will say the tiniest bump while high on mdma is like a super charger for your roll.
My guess is she’s living on the street by 40 y/o, if not already. That’s got to have a cumulative effect, and not good one.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I don't smoke weed anymore.

It's a chore managing that high.

I like cocaine
Yeah setting cured plant matter on fire is tedious and laborious. Stoners are famed for excelling at chores and management. Much more foolproof to have some extremely expensive powder you need half a lab kit to snort.

Weed come down requires post-grad Project Management course. Coke come down is no biggie and everyone is famed for handling it well.

:crazy2:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah setting cured plant matter on fire is tedious and laborious. Stoners are famed for excelling at chores and management. Much more foolproof to have some extremely expensive powder you need half a lab kit to snort.

Weed come down requires post-grad Project Management course. Coke come down is no biggie and everyone is famed for handling it well.

:crazy2:
No I mean the high itself.

You get shot into outer space then you have to be all major tom until you can come back to earth.

I think when some people get old they can't handle it

I tend to think everything I am doing in my life is stupid when I smoke.

Then I when the pot wears off it's business usual

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No I mean the high itself.

You get shot into outer space then you have to be all major tom until you can come back to earth.

I think when some people get old they can't handle it
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

So basically, for years you were the Professor in Animal House, handing stick schwapper to closeted n00bs, and then one year, to start the semester, someone at the party had some diggity dank, and two hits later you needed a team of people to babysit you?

I remember the first time I gave my mom some of that fire ass sticky icky ooowweeeee.

She hid under the covers 'til morning.

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I shroomed a bunch back in the day, laughed my ass off and thought they were great!
One time I ate way too many, prob enough for 5 guys. Horrible experience, got stuck in paranoia city. Was pretty fucked up in the head for several days after the come-down.
Never again ate shrooms.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
I was fortunate to have a college roommate guide me on my first shroom trip. He made sure I didn't eat too much, he didn't eat any that night, just smoked weed. He was also the one who, upon seeing my love of caffeine, warned me never to touch cocaine. I listened, never tried it. Served me well, I believe. Stuck to booze, weed, shrooms, all in moderation.

Shrooms - good in moderation. Last time I had them was in the BVIs on New Year's at Foxy's. That was over a decade ago.

I'm guessing the pilot guy ate 2 lbs and tripped balls, then came down hard and those deep psychological conversations were too much for him.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

So basically, for years you were the Professor in Animal House, handing stick schwapper to closeted n00bs, and then one year, to start the semester, someone at the party had some diggity dank, and two hits later you needed a team of people to babysit you?

I remember the first time I gave my mom some of that fire ass sticky icky ooowweeeee.

She hid under the covers 'til morning.
I don't know if I would explain it exactly like that but basically, yeah.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
didn't read the whole thread, just skimmed a separate article on this. is there any proof he actually took mushrooms? maybe he's just a d!ck and needs an excuse. :shrug:
Yeah that's totally the reputation of airline pilots - erratic dicks who somehow meticulously accumulate airmanship certifications, type ratings, and thousands of flight hours.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
sooooo there is proof or no?
There's a lot of proof - namely you all - that drug users do really erratic things. Since you're on the case, gumshoe, why don't you see what you can dig up?

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
There's a lot of proof - namely you all - that drug users do really erratic things. Since you're on the case, gumshoe, why don't you see what you can dig up?
I'm not defending mushrooms if that's what got yo undies in a bunch. I've never taken them or any psychedelic in my life. Other than some cheap weed when I was a teen I'm clean and boring as they come. Don't drink alcohol either. I'm genuinely interested if they can test for this since anyone can do something terrible and use it as an excuse. I really didn't read this thread if I walked in a hot debate. Sorry.

also

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I'm not defending mushrooms if that's what got yo undies in a bunch. I've never taken them or any psychedelic in my life. Other than some cheap weed when I was a teen I'm clean and boring as they come. Don't drink alcohol either. I'm genuinely interested if they can test for this since anyone can do something terrible and use it as an excuse. I really didn't read this thread if I walked in a hot debate. Sorry.

also