***The Official Pet Peeve Thread***

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
People

after the whole Tyson thing this might be the second dumbest thing you’ve posted here?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is an acceptable/predictable following distance and at what speed?
You know what he means

it’s the people driving 50 so they can leave 6 car lengths in front of them

those people need scaphism

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
People who get on a toll road and then arrive at the toll booth without money causing a backup.
You get to a notoriously short red light and you can see the driver ahead is looking at his cell phone and not paying any attention to the light or traffic ahead. The light goes green and the idiot is oblivious. You honk the horn but it’s too late. Now you’re stuck waiting through another light cycle.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Left lane dillydalliers for sure. One way trip to Gitmo for those assholes, and the only drinking water they get is what they consume while being waterboarded. Full stop.

When I see a kitchen where the door of the refrigerator opens towards the bare wall instead of the center of kitchen. Seriously, how do people live like this? Fookin animals.

People who ride in your car and immediately plop their jacket on the center console and throw their phone in your cupholder. Seriously, fook is wrong with you? :unsure:

This one really chaps my arse- fact that there is no subtle slope near the perimeter edge of a sink or vanity and water just pools up. Then the faucet is so godam close to the wall that it's impossible to clean behind. Seriously, who the fook designs this garbage?

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
People who ramble on and on to the cashier while completely oblivious to the long line of people behind them that would like to check out too.
Stop talking about me in your posts, young man!

Chat Checkout works in the Netherlands, a separate aisle for seniors who want to take their time and chat up the cashier. Not coming soon to a Ralph's near you.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
when a buddy says "it didn't look that big on the cams" as i just got pounded by overhead sets for 2 hrs straight...

edit: cam was not even on the break i was surfing, da fk???

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
People

after the whole Tyson thing this might be the second dumbest thing you’ve posted here?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is an acceptable/predictable following distance and at what speed?
Traffic jam, stop and go. Do what everyone else is doing. The stand backers are just causing more frustration. Pull all the way up, I’m texting and posting on the ERBB. I can’t be bothered with trying to figure out when you’re going to come to a stop.

PS: the Tyson thing is quite possibly the most misunderstood and misinterpreted post on this forum.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
People who talk on the phone while standing in line at the store, finally get to register, watch the checker go through all their stuff, and still don't have their card or cash out for payment.

Luckily, self-checkout has mitigated most of this scenario.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
its bad hitting every red light (15) heading home, but theres traffic. seemed like the lights were waiting for me to get close before turning red.

however its absurd bullshit when u r driving before sunrise, no other cars on the road, and lights are turning red for u. green for the invisible cars driving perpendicular? why?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
its bad hitting every red light (15) heading home, but theres traffic. seemed like the lights were waiting for me to get close before turning red.

however its absurd bullshit when u r driving before sunrise, no other cars on the road, and lights are turning red for u. green for the invisible cars driving perpendicular? why?
this is my every morning

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Traffic jam, stop and go. Do what everyone else is doing. The stand backers are just causing more frustration. Pull all the way up, I’m texting and posting on the ERBB. I can’t be bothered with trying to figure out when you’re going to come to a stop.

PS: the Tyson thing is quite possibly the most misunderstood and misinterpreted post on this forum.
I truly hope you’re joking about using the phone and I learned how not to stop and go, driving a stick shift in LA traffic along with all the hours behind the wheel of a 5ton for the film and television industry and will always drive that way.

The whole reason there’s stop and go traffic to begin with besides volume is that everyone tailgates and they don’t know how to drive without being on the gas or brakes. 25 mph = 37 feet per second bro and that’s why ima leave a few car lengths buffer

as for Tyson I guess I missed the genesis of the meme so perhaps I am confused along with being wicked high rn. All I know is nothing personal but I think he’s too heavy/strong and too good/experienced in the clinch for anything to happen but you tying up with him, realizing you just hugged an oak tree and him shrugging you off/creating enough space to unleash a devastating flurry of blows that at the least renders you unconscious let alone gives you permanent neurological trauma

If anyone else’s name came up I’d have to consider it? Manny, Floyd, Oscar, etc, just not him bro this wasn’t that long ago either

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Just came back from a hike which highlighted one of my pet peeves- people who leave trash on trails. We always have a bag and trash picker. Today we picked up 4 bags of dog sh!t. Who goes to the trouble of picking up dog sh!t, putting it in a bag, and then leaves the bag on the trail. :cursing:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Just came back from a hike which highlighted one of my pet peeves- people who leave trash on trails. We always have a bag and trash picker. Today we picked up 4 bags of dog sh!t. Who goes to the trouble of picking up dog sh!t, putting it in a bag, and then leaves the bag on the trail. :cursing:
they''ll ;ick it up later but they don't. Can't believe you didn't mention the folks that play music on their speaker as they're hiking

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
One of my pet peeves is the number of people who don't seem to know the difference between an amount and a number.

Listen to how many times you will hear announcers on TV or radio say things like: "Sure a bigger amount of people here this week." or something similar.

An amount is a predetermined quantity of something, like a PINT, or a QUART, or a GALLON, or a LITER, none of which is used to count people.

A number is not an amount, and we count people by number.

Then there's your versus you're, one of the most common mistakes one sees.

And with even more options, you have there, their and they're to play with also.

Take care.