Hamas

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
The land I'm currently posting from used to belong to the Chumash. But it's cool, my wife is a registered California Indian tribe member, so I'm allowed. I married into this. The rest of you fvcks should leave. Of course we could talk about the fact that the Indians that were here when the white man showed up weren't the first Indians here. Just the ones who killed the previous Indians for their land. Who killed the previous Indians. On and on. But that doesn't really fit with my narrative, so we won't go there. Instead we will only go back to about the 1500's somewhere?

We're pretty much all sitting on stolen lands our forefathers took via violence.

Now leave. :mad:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The land I'm currently posting from used to belong to the Chumash. But it's cool, my wife is a registered California Indian tribe member, so I'm allowed. I married into this. The rest of you fvcks should leave. Of course we could talk about the fact that the Indians that were here when the white man showed up weren't the first Indians here. Just the ones who killed the previous Indians for their land. Who killed the previous Indians. On and on. But that doesn't really fit with my narrative, so we won't go there. Instead we will only go back to about the 1500's somewhere?

We're pretty much all sitting on stolen lands our forefathers took via violence.

Go a couple of centuries less and you’re speaking Spanish. With land titles!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Humans are by nature narrow framers.

In school, I hated that movie, "Island of the Blue Dolphins."

That chick was on that island for so long.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Imagine being promised a homeland by a colonial mastermind (England: See the Balfour Declaration), obtaining it by force, and then expanding it for 100 years using a repertoire of human rights abuses aided and underwritten by the world's greatest superpower and its allies.

The British/U.N. treaty which created Israel was negotiated between Muslim and Jewish interests with the lands which became both Pakistan and Israel. Muslims got Pakistan and Jews got Israel. If you even could renegotiate Israeli territory then you would have to place Pakistan back on the table.

It's particularly Muslim to claim that what's theirs is theirs, plus what's yours is theirs.

It doesn't work that way.

Reactions: hammies

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Well their stocked now, with a sh!t ton of Palestinians.

The number of actual palestinians is virtually zero. These are do-nothings and criminals who have been excluded from surrounding real Muslim countries. Do they want the land of Israel? Well of course they do. Do they actually have a valid claim?

Well duh.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Go a couple of centuries less and you’re speaking Spanish. With land titles!
Ha! My wife’s family (Indian side) married into Spanish blood. Her family had the entire Malibu land grant. Homeland! They should at least give her a beach house. She has family buried INSIDE the Carmel mission. Ahma Knudsen tribe. Of course she’s also related to Tiburcio Vasquez, but that’s another story. I think once you get back that far everyone was related to everyone.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Ha! My wife’s family (Indian side) married into Spanish blood. Her family had the entire Malibu land grant. Homeland! They should at least give her a beach house. She has family buried INSIDE the Carmel mission. Ahma Knudsen tribe. Of course she’s also related to Tiburcio Vasquez, but that’s another story. I think once you get back that far everyone was related to everyone.
Here they still are related to someone. Not counting incest. :drowning:

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Another thing that gets lost in all of this is the Christian
The British/U.N. treaty which created Israel was negotiated between Muslim and Jewish interests with the lands which became both Pakistan and Israel. Muslims got Pakistan and Jews got Israel. If you even could renegotiate Israeli territory then you would have to place Pakistan back on the table.

It's particularly Muslim to claim that what's theirs is theirs, plus what's yours is theirs.

It doesn't work that way.
Let me get your argument straight. So because Muslims sold out the people living in Palestine (who were and are Christian, Muslim, and Sephardic Jewish), the Israeli occupation in all of its barbarity is justified? And Muslim's are inherently selfish?

Those are your two points, huh?

I'm not claiming that the state of Israel should disappear or defending Hamas, even by implication. But I haven't seen anyone here defend the original land grab and subsequent oppression. You want to "Stand with Israel"? Start there.

Last edited:

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Pretty awful all around. Like auto said, lots of innocent people who just wanna live their lives getting caught up in this.
My ‘boss’ the last 20 years before I retired was the director of operations for Shin Bet before resigning with a number of his senior colleagues. There was the ‘Bus 300 Affair’ in 1986 which several Palestinians took over a bus in Jerusalem and threatened death to the passengers. Shin Bet and the military neutralized the attack and captured 2 of the uninjuried ‘terrorists.’ The press published photos of the two Palestin prisoners being led off the bus with no injuries or trauma noted in the photos. Later, Shin Bet claimed the two terrorists resisted and were killed during the hostile take over. My former boss and several other senior colleagues resigned and went to Peres (I think he was the leader at the time) and demanded action as the reports were an obvious cover-up of the two murders. Eventually, one of the Shin Bet killers admitted he used a large rock to crush the skull of one of the terrorists. After the incident was adjudicated, my boss was offered the director of Shin Bet by the president or prime minister; he declined and was later the subject of an Israeli film for reporting the incident and for confronting Shin Bet for lying to the country re the loss of the Palestinian lives. The Nazi excuse “I was following orders” and lying to the country is an example of not acting like a Nazi. The stories we shared in those 20 years helped me understand a bit of the mentality between the Israelis and Palestinians. Don’t get me started on a visit to an IDF base camp outside Ramallah. Dead is Dead whether one is innocent or complicit….