Hamas

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
It's just Lord of the Rings or some Marvel movie to you, Gromsdad, isn't it? If you insist on remaining ignorant in order to preserve your bigoted opinions, GTFO. You contribute nothing of substance to the discussion.

If you wan't to educate yourself and contribute thoughtfully, read: https://www.hrw.org/report/2010/12/19/separate-and-unequal/israels-discriminatory-treatment-palestinians-occupied

Here's a rather tame example of discrimination from the report:

"The case studies in this report show that discriminatory Israeli policies control many aspects of the day-to-day life of Palestinians who live in areas under exclusive Israeli control and that those policies often have no conceivable security justification. For example, Jubbet al-Dhib is a 160-person Palestinian village to the southeast of Bethlehem that is often accessible only by foot because its only connection to a paved road is a rough, 1.5 kilometer-long dirt track. Children from Jubbet al-Dhib must walk to schools in other villages several kilometers away because their own village has no school. Jubbet al-Dhib lacks electricity despite numerous requests to be connected to the Israeli electric grid, which Israeli authorities have rejected; Israeli authorities also rejected an internationally donor-funded project that would have provided the village with solar-powered streetlights. Any meat or milk in the village must be eaten the same day due to lack of refrigeration; residents often resort to eating preserved foods instead. Villagers depend for light on candles, kerosene lanterns, and, when they can afford to fill it with gasoline, a small generator.

Approximately 350 meters away is the Jewish community of Sde Bar. It has a paved access road for its population of around 50 people and is connected to Jerusalem by a new, multi-million dollar highway—the “Lieberman Road”—which bypasses Palestinian cities, towns, and villages like Jubbet al-Dhib. Sde Bar operates a high school, but Jubbet al-Dhib students are ineligible to attend; for Palestinians, settlements are closed military areas that may be entered only with special military permits. Residents of Sde Bar have the amenities common to any Israeli town, such as refrigerators and electric lights, which Jubbet al-Dhib villagers can see from their homes at night.

Both Jubbet al-Dhib and Sde Bar fall within “Area C” – land that was designated under the 1995 Oslo interim peace agreement to fall under Israeli civil and military control. But while Israel grants Sde Bar residents access to roads, electricity, and funds for housing development, it deprives residents of Jubbet al-Dhib of similar amenities."

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
By the way, it really is sickening to see some here try to draw a moral equivalence between Israel and Hamas. Seriously, go fuk yourself if you think that way. These monsters would kill and desecrate the corpse of any one of you for being infidels under belief that they will be rewarded in the afterlife. Say what you will but Israel has never and would never act in that manner.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Israel might be bad, but they don't do sh!t like put antiaircraft guns on the roofs of hospitals or rocket launchers in schoolyard playgrounds. Hamas depends on Israeli retaliation on sites like these to get their images of carnage that gather worldwide sympathy. They don't give a flying fuck about their own people.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
By the way, it really is sickening to see some here try to draw a moral equivalence between Israel and Hamas. Seriously, go fuk yourself if you think that way. These monsters would kill and desecrate the corpse of any one of you for being infidels under belief that they will be rewarded in the afterlife. Say what you will but Israel has never and would never act in that manner.
Lol, the most dishonest poster here is giving a lecture on moral equivalence. You should really just this once STFU because this situation is far too nuanced for your infantile world view.

LipService

OTF status
Feb 10, 2017
Lol, the most dishonest poster here is giving a lecture on moral equivalence. You should really just this once STFU because this situation is far too nuanced for your infantile world view.
So the first amendment is only for you - got it

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
“(Hamas is) Pure unadulterated evil.”

“We stand with Israel. We stand with Israel.” - Biden about an hour ago

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
My dad was a jew born in Egypt. His family moved to Israel when the country was formed. After the six day war I asked him how the Jews managed to defeat several armies in six days. He said they had informers. And he also said no Jew would ever inform. I don't know if that is true. I'm sure they have their traitors too. I'm not a fan of the way Israel has treated the people of Gaza. But this morning I saw a resident of Gaza carrying what looked like a dead, or almost dead baby. Based on the lack of respect he showed the corpse I assume it was a jew. At this point I can't help but hope that Israel turns Gaza into a parking lot. End it. No need trying to pretend they are the good guys, because they are not. They just happen to not be as sh!t as the opposition IMO.

Reactions: GromsDad

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Israel might be bad, but they don't do sh!t like put antiaircraft guns on the roofs of hospitals or rocket launchers in schoolyard playgrounds. Hamas depends on Israeli retaliation on sites like these to get their images of carnage that gather worldwide sympathy. They don't give a flying fuck about their own people.
This is the difference between Israel and all those that want to destroy it. Yasser Arafat started selling out the Palestinians back in the 50's when he co-founded Fatah and they've been sold down the road ever since. Israel has been hard on the Palestinians because they've had no other choice. When a people's leadership doesn't want peace there will not be peace. The Palestinian leadership has prover year after year for decades that they do not want peace and are happy to allow their people to suffer.
All of you Hamas apologists posting on this thread, ask yourselves, what did Hamas have to gain by this abhorrent attack? What's their end game? How will this help the plight of the Palestinian people? I'm interested to here your thoughts on this.

Reactions: GromsDad

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
My dad was a jew born in Egypt. His family moved to Israel when the country was formed. After the six day war I asked him how the Jews managed to defeat several armies in six days. He said they had informers. And he also said no Jew would ever inform. I don't know if that is true. I'm sure they have their traitors too. I'm not a fan of the way Israel has treated the people of Gaza. But this morning I saw a resident of Gaza carrying what looked like a dead, or almost dead baby. Based on the lack of respect he showed the corpse I assume it was a jew. At this point I can't help but hope that Israel turns Gaza into a parking lot. End it. No need trying to pretend they are the good guys, because they are not. They just happen to not be as sh!t as the opposition IMO.
If you’re talking about the same video I saw it looked to me like someone who pulled one of his own out of the rubble and in an act of anger/grief hoisted the baby up to show “look what they’ve done”.

I’m no expert on the nuances of the Middle East. But here’s a few things I do know…

-Israel will never find peace or security through force.

-Hamas will never free the people of Gaza & the West Bank from Israeli oppression by committing monstrous attacks against civilians.

-a lot of innocent people on both sides will die in this conflict.

-a lot of innocent people will be radicalized by this latest escalation

-nobody will “win”, there’s no such thing as a “victory” in a deep seeded conflict like this.

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
You could be right about the video. I’m not sure. Horrible either way. I agree with the rest of your post.

If you’re talking about the same video I saw it looked to me like someone who pulled one of his own out of the rubble and in an act of anger/grief hoisted the baby up to show “look what they’ve done”.

I’m no expert on the nuances of the Middle East. But here’s a few things I do know…

-Israel will never find peace or security through force.

-Hamas will never free the people of Gaza & the West Bank from Israeli oppression by committing monstrous attacks against civilians.

-a lot of innocent people on both sides will die in this conflict.

-a lot of innocent people will be radicalized by this latest escalation

-nobody will “win”, there’s no such thing as a “victory” in a deep seeded conflict like this.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You could be right about the video. I’m not sure. Horrible either way. I agree with the rest of your post.
We do know that countless horrible atrocities have been committed by these MONSTERS. Israel needs to do to the enemies at its borders what the United States and its allies did to Tokyo, Berlin and Dresden in WWII. For every one rocket that comes into Israel there needs to be one square mile of the enemy's territory leveled and turned to dust. Keep it up and you turn it to glass.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
We do know that countless horrible atrocities have been committed by these MONSTERS. Israel needs to do to the enemies at its borders what the United States and its allies did to Tokyo, Berlin and Dresden in WWII. For every one rocket that comes into Israel there needs to be one square mile of the enemy's territory leveled and turned to dust. Keep it up and you turn it to glass.
So all lives don’t actually matter?

Reactions: tacos

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@bluengreen thank you for context
I googled this, as my knowledge of the history of the region is miniscule
It is such a complex issue, that without knowing the history of how it got to where it is. Hard to judge

Reactions: Woke AF

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
@bluengreen thank you for context
I googled this, as my knowledge of the history of the region is miniscule
It is such a complex issue, that without knowing the history of how it got to where it is. Hard to judge
Well, you can go back a lot further than that. Like a few thousand years BCE. That’s the problem with looking backwards to determine ownership. Where do you stop? If you want to look waaaaaay back and add up the time re who was where and for how long…

:roflmao:

Last edited:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Well, you can go back a lot further than that. Like a few thousand years BCE. That’s the problem with looking backwards to determine ownership. Where do you stop? If you want to look waaaaaay back and add up the time re who was where and for how long…

:roflmao:
From @hammies
Bullet point history:

- People lived in Canaan (modern day Israel and Palestine) for a long time.

- Muslims, Christians, and Jews believe that God gave Abraham and his descendants (Hebrews) the land of Canaan around 2,000 BC. The Hebrews had to fight the Canaanites bitterly to get it, though.

- The Hebrews slowly became the Jews and lived mostly in Canaan (Israel and Judah) until just after the time of Christ, mostly under somebody else's control. Philistia (modern day Gaza) was always a thorn in their side; they often fought bitterly.

- The Romans sacked Jerusalem and threw out the Jews in 70 AD. The Jews mostly moved away, mostly to what is now central and Eastern Europe. They never really integrated all that well.

- The Muslims took over Palestine in the 7th Century and so the Europeans launched the Crusades to free the Holy Land from the infidel Muslims. They fought bitterly for a couple hundred years, mostly to a draw.

- For the last 500 years or so the Jews started to become the scapegoat for many of Europe's problems.

- England gained control over Palestine in the 19th century and coincidentally Zionism kicked in among many European Jews wanting to escape to a homeland they could call their own.

- The Holocaust happened and 75 years ago the whole world gave the Jews a piece of Britain's land as the new country of Israel as a reparation for their millions of deaths. The Islamic world fought them bitterly, and they have never gotten over it.

The Palestinians and Israelis are continuing a 4,000 year old tradition of fighting bitterly over this land.