laird

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
just got done watching Take Every Wave: The Life of Laird Hamilton. Prett cool doc flick, lots of good stories. About 3 minutes into it, there are some underwater scenes where he's wearing some kind of mask that looks like it allows for breathing, but you don't really see a tank. here's a screen grab - anyone know what kind of mask thingy this is? thanks!

laird.jpg

ShiverMeTimbers

Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
How many of you are as fit as Laird? I know I'm not. I know I want to be.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, how he does his own thing and doesn't worry about the surf world. When Hanalei was flooding and he was flying around on the jet ski helping rescue people, he was totally switched on, involved, and filled with purpose. Pretty cool interview. I like Gabby's podcast too. When over in PPK land I've seen him and his dog motoring out in the little aluminum boat to go surf/foil by himself. Doing his own thing. I also like how he explains his thoughts on waves, fatherhood, etc.

Keep chirping, he doesn't care. We could all learn a lesson from that.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, how he does his own thing and doesn't worry about the surf world. When Hanalei was flooding and he was flying around on the jet ski helping rescue people, he was totally switched on, involved, and filled with purpose. Pretty cool interview. I like Gabby's podcast too. When over in PPK land I've seen him and his dog motoring out in the little aluminum boat to go surf/foil by himself. Doing his own thing. I also like how he explains his thoughts on waves, fatherhood, etc.

NTTIAWWT

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

I just wish I had a close bud like that

• Haha
Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011

You know what's great, when people do this and don't post it on the internet...They are out there.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura