Texass........

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
FOREVER SHILLING FOR CATHEDRALS

(you're probably right, but, fk, man, seriously? banning water/rest breaks for outdoor laborers?! this is what the governor is working on legislatively? that's fkn asinine.)
Right to work Bubba. They’re mostly mud races with an occasional honky thrown in.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
"Supporters of the bill say it will help rein in local and county officials who have exceeded their authority and give small businesses consistency."

That sentence reads to me that this bill was simply cleaning up inconsistent laws, and it doesn't even say whether or not the rest of it was replaced with a statewide law guaranteeing breaks.

While on the surface it seems like micromanagement, i'd say the law even existing in the first place was micromanagement. Businesses and managers aren't the tyrannical slave drivers many of you think them to be, and this law probably ended up abused.

In CA, if you don't take your guaranteed breaks, you get penalties. If you don't take a lunch within 5 hours of starting work you get an extra hour paid to you. So if you have a 8.5 hour shift you get 8 hours of straight time, .5 hour of OT working through your lunch, and 1 extra hour of straight time as the lunch penalty. Workers figure this out and like their bigger paychecks, so the system gets abused
Some businesses and managers aren't the tyrannical slave drivers many of us think them to be. Don Blankenship exists.

3/16ths Time and Half is my new concept band's name.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Hmmmm I remember the same story happening in the gun control utopia that is California
Making anything available to the masses without exception fucks everything up for everyone. Especially when you include the stupid and ignorant.

Or does this belong on the Ranch access thread?

Reactions: need 4 speed

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Making anything available to the masses without exception fucks everything up for everyone. Especially when you include the stupid and ignorant.

Or does this belong on the Ranch access thread?
There are positives and negatives to democratic equality

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We can get slavery to work this time - but with racial equity.

I bet it would work wonders for the overall fitness levels in this country too.
It is fairly obvious when you go somewhere like Orlando that many people have peasant genes that are simply meant to be serfs

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It is fairly obvious when you go somewhere like Orlando that many people have peasant genes that are simply meant to be serfs
A lot of them seem to work on school boards. Perfect for a pilot test program. Screw the corn and aspartame industries, I hear you burn a lot of calories harvesting sugarcane.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That's a threat by someone controlling a deadly weapon (a car)
A middle finger is not a threat. :foreheadslap:

Paywalled. Did they catch the perp? If the story is just a life for a middle finger then the perp should get 25 to life, minimum.
Doesn't seem they've caught anyone yet. The victim's husband's recounting is basically what you're describing.

Last edited: