Brukuns vs Slater

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
If Brazzo gang culture openly starts to influence the judging/WSL by threats or even killing a pro, might this be the final nail of professional surfing?
Wasn't there a video of a pro getting hassled in Brasil and threatened last year, and Yago had to step in?

Will the wsl appease the mobs by giving them a champ this year?
Will a pro take one on in the head for the soul surfer team?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Ain't no joking matter, look at the defender, Andres Escobar, who accidentally scored the goal that sent Columbia home from the 1994 World Cup ... 10 days later he was shot dead in a parking garage after multiple death threats over said play.

:shameonyou:

Reactions: brukuns

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Ain't no joking matter, look at the defender, Andres Escobar, who accidentally scored the goal that sent Columbia home from the 1994 World Cup ... 10 days later he was shot dead in a parking garage after multiple death threats over said play.

:shameonyou:
That’s because there was significant money involved in the outcome of that game. And it was Columbia in the time of Escobar and the Gallon Henao brothers.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Soccer fans can be extremely rabid. People are killed on a weekly basis here in Brazil over soccer... You don't want to be wearing the adversary team's Jersey when a pack of fans are passing by... they will usually beat you to death. I fucking hate passionate soccer fans and I wish every match was held behind closed doors forever.

Ewing should be fine though... that André Gizelini fucker can't even be found on Instagram anymore, he probably erased his account when he realized his stupid comment could get him expelled from the corporation (he's in the army from the looks of that picture). The real dangerous ones in Brazil don't really care about surfing. Of course if I was Ewing I would still watch my back.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Gotta be honest. I for one love how polarizing Brazilians are: either the coolest cats you’ll ever meet or absolute train wrecks. There doesn’t seem to be much in between.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
brukins, its time to capitolize on your fame and make a profitable podcast

I agree Brukuns!!

Do something meaningful!! I know you can.

But just a hint:

Bootlicking Cali Wankers won't be it.

They have been butt hurt for decades because their surfers can't win, ever.

They hate winners that aren't from Cali.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I agree Brukuns!!

Do something meaningful!! I know you can.

But just a hint:

Bootlicking Cali Wankers won't be it.

They have been butt hurt for decades because their surfers can't win, ever.

They hate winners that aren't from Cali.
Colapinto just won. :poke:

My wife was friends with a Brazilian woman here in LA. They worked together at an architect's office. My wife is Italian and had just moved here, so, both being foreigners, they got along. I went to a couple dinner parties at their house (her husband was also an architect). There were always only Brazilans there, besides us. And they all seemed to come from the upper class in Brazil. The woman and her husband returned to Brazil after a couple years, but that experience formed my opinion of Brazilians- they stuck together socially and, the ones in LA at least, were upper class. I don't think the ones living in the favelas make it to the US, but I could be wrong.

Brukuns, as a Brazilian that lived in LA, is my assessment fairly accurate?

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Colapinto just won. :poke:

My wife was friends with a Brazilian woman here in LA. They worked together at an architect's office. My wife is Italian and had just moved here, so, both being foreigners, they got along. I went to a couple dinner parties at their house (her husband was also an architect). There were always only Brazilans there, besides us. And they all seemed to come from the upper class in Brazil. The woman and her husband returned to Brazil after a couple years, but that experience formed my opinion of Brazilians- they stuck together socially and, the ones in LA at least, were upper class. I don't think the ones living in the favelas make it to the US, but I could be wrong.

Brukuns, as a Brazilian that lived in LA, is my assessment fairly accurate?
Absolutely accurate. Some brazilians from lower class eventually pop on there, usually working at hotels and such... definitely not from the Favelas. There are oddities like myself... middle... maybe lowerish middle class, who got there on an actual office job. but it's rare.

But yeah, crazy how brazilians stick together... and it kinda just happens. I ended up being around lots of brazilians, but it wasn't really my fault... my boss was brazilian/american and he had lots of brazilian friends. He was the one mostly showing me the ropes so, yeah, there were always brazilians around... not only brazilians though which was a relief.

Best time I had living there was when I ended up couch surfing for a month with 2 american friends though, did alot of americany things. but these are stories for another time (a cool one involves going out on a Limo for someone's birthday, ending with a drunken idiot falling from the mezzanine head first into the corner of a glass table... crazy how fast the ambulance arrived, 1st world baby... Hermosa Beach is fun).

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
IIRC @TangTonic got the GOAT to reply on social media as well when he called out his ugly overpriced outerknown bullshiat :roflmao:

From a personality standpoint, KS seems boring and insufferable.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
brukuns went overnight from being a respected poster on the erBB to challenging the GOAT on his own platform and WINNING!
Insta cred for that bold maneuver.
Celebrity status world wide now.
All hail the brukuns for his fortitude and go for it attitude!! :bowdown:
With a rocks glass full of whiskey and a bouquet in the other!