Indictment? (...or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love "Any Day Now")

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
That's encouraging. Maybe in 10 years enough fundamentalists will become fertilizer and we can drop the "moral values" bullshit and restore fiscal sanity.
That's like 40% of the population that needs to die to restore sanity...evenly distributed on both sides. Do you have any idea what kind of impact that's going to have on the housing market?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
In its place democrats rely on getting out the vote in large cities.
They rely on picking up educated suburbanites who look at Trump and Marjorie Taylor Greene and Jan 6th and vomit.

Nobody is winning the White House or the Senate with MOAR votes in Chicago, LA, SF, NYC, and DC.

Think Bucks County.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
LOL the Democrats went with Neoliberalism because the old sh!t was getting merked in elections.

Same reason the GOP went with Trump. This Laffer Curve tax cut sh!t got merked in 2012. You aren't going to get a better pro-business fiscal conservative ticket than Romney/Ryan. Dream team. They lost convincingly.

Right now it's a struggle to get a (D) Senate Majority and you can forget 98% of this Bernie sh!t getting past the purple state Democrats in the same way you can forget Bernie losing fewer than 40 states in a Presidential election.

You think any of these pipe dreams are getting past Senators from Ohio, Minnesota, Arizona, Georgia, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Virginia, etc?
From the best to the worst...they've all become performance artists. Horse trading is over...it's all about feigned outrage in front of the cameras now while nothing gets done.

Reactions: twinzerfan

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
From the best to the worst...they've all become performance artists. Horse trading is over...it's all about feigned outrage in front of the cameras now while nothing gets done.
What's the T-minus to celebrity boxing? I'm not watching any of this Jake Logan Paul bullshit but Trump v Biden, MTG v AOC, Justin Trudeau v Jim Jordan....that's my jam right there.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What an empty life you must have.
I grew up in a large family of union construction workers and back then they all voted democrat because that's what uni0on construction workers did. By and large, the democrat party has lost that once solid demographic. In its place democrats rely on getting out the vote in large cities.
probably has nothing to do with the fact that the republicans went to every length to destroy unions.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That's like 40% of the population that needs to die to restore sanity...evenly distributed on both sides. Do you have any idea what kind of impact that's going to have on the housing market?
I disagree. It's about them going from 35% of the GOP to like 20%. We went from no gay marriage being a sound plank of the policy platform to legal gay marriage being the law of the land in 10 years, and I don't hear much about flipping it except from some people who are about to croak, eg Clarence Thomas.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Is that why they are deleting their leftist and anti-Trump twitter posts?
I was referring to the deletion of the "meet the team" piece.

But since you mentioned it....

The Republicans turned noted Right Wing Nut Job Ken Starr loose on Bill Clinton trying to get something to stick.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. You can cry all you want, but it's the bed you made, and it's bedtime.