Ireland

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry if posted already.
Actually - no. This is worthy of 2 posts.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
One of the best clips I’ve seen in a long time. Full rides, big gnarly slabby drops rewarded with big Irish barrels and plenty of beatings. 5/7

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I wonder what effect Florence's video will have on the crowd situation. Will more swell-chasing pros be getting tickets to Shannon on every swell?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So fickle. Wind probably went to hell about 10 minutes later

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I didn’t end up buying that lot near Doonbeg - we might just buy a rebuilt/refurbished cottage if we can find one in the area with ample ocean views and nothing but cow traffic

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
I didn’t end up buying that lot near Doonbeg - we might just buy a rebuilt/refurbished cottage if we can find one in the area with ample ocean views and nothing but cow traffic
Doonbeg? Why Doonbeg? Interesting - keep us posted. My family is on the South East coast in Dungarvan. The only coast we really drove when we were there in 2007 was North of Galway - seemed to be a very sparsely inhabited coast.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Doonbeg? Why Doonbeg? Interesting - keep us posted. My family is on the South East coast in Dungarvan. The only coast we really drove when we were there in 2007 was North of Galway - seemed to be a very sparsely inhabited coast.
We won a week in a rental cottage on the ocean on the Killard peninsula just south of Doonbeg. Best of vermont meets best of Ireland and loaded with surf (wind and weather notwithstanding)

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
We won a week in a rental cottage on the ocean on the Killard peninsula just south of Doonbeg. Best of vermont meets best of Ireland and loaded with surf (wind and weather notwithstanding)
Bundoran area does a bit better on wind, prevailing SW is side/offshore depending on exact location.

Reactions: Subway

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
DM me if you really want to know of twisting whatever I say like a mean girl
So you haven't been? I thought you had been because you gave advice on surf conditions.

I had hoped you would post photos of your trip.

Seems like a cool place, but an impossible place for a surf trip unless you're there months.

Also, quit the victim stuff. Nobody is being mean to you.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So you haven't been? I thought you had been because you gave advice on surf conditions.

Seems like a cool place, but an impossible place for a surf trip unless you're there months.

Not what I said, gonna be a prick all day as usual. I have posted it before, search your dossier like a scorned woman. I dont lie, like you. How are you doing as a Transwoman, like you posted last week?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Never said anybody was, you are the one always crying when I return insults from your butt buddies. I expect it dealing with assholes like you

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I got mine, still a giant pain to get a passport.
What kind of paperwork did you need to get that? A chain of birth certificates back to your grandparent(s) in Ireland? My grandmother changed her name when she immigrated so it might be problematic for me.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What kind of paperwork did you need to get that? A chain of birth certificates back to your grandparent(s) in Ireland? My grandmother changed her name when she immigrated so it might be problematic for me.
Exactly, but the passport is a different process

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I can't find the thread for this... but does anyone know why Episode 2 never came out?

The Shapers Edition featuring Gearóid McDaid ( Episode 1 )

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I wonder what effect Florence's video will have on the crowd situation. Will more swell-chasing pros be getting tickets to Shannon on every swell?
The conditions in Ireland will do the regulating. I've had multiple friends over the year do the Ireland surf trip since the Malloys put it on the map more or less. Its cold and the waves are sketchy. If I'm crossing the Atlantic to look for waves I'm either going way north of Ireland to Norway (on my bucket list) or I'm going to Spain, Portugal or the Canaries.