***The Official Dishwasher Confidential Thread***™

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
At the brilliant suggestion of forum member Joshua2415, here it goes.

I was not planning on actually doing this but tonight was too good.

I think it's also important to impart how much time is spent with this dude to gather such information. This all happens 5-10 seconds at a time as I'm running dishes to the pit.

Tonight I find out that he got a new tattoo and it's still bandaged. The tattoo represents "Suicide Survivor" or something. It looks like a wine glass stain, circular, like left by the bottom of a wine glass that had dripped and settled at the base, and inside the "stain" was a triangle. I asked him if he ever tried to commit suicide. He said he was a professional mountain biker and sponsored skateboarder, so every day was like almost suicide: between the sports, meth, heroin, all nearly killed him. He sleeps on the floor at his mom's house. Last night he got a "minor shoulder dislocation" from sleeping on the side opposite that of the new tattoo, it's still bothering him.

Total time spent with dude in 4.75 hour shift: 90 seconds.

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
How old is he?
Do you think people actually paid him money to ride mtb or skate, because being able to say, "I was a pro..." Is separating his story from someone I used to know.

Wingnut Dishwashers Union.

Last edited:
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
How old is he?
Do you think people actually paid him money to ride mtb or skate, because being able to say, "I was a pro..." Is separating his story from someone I used to know.

Wingnut Dishwashers Union.
Hard to figure out his age. I have a feeling he was a rich kid who got into trouble. I'd guess he's around 35-40. I'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
Reminds me of the Who song "Bell Boy" about a fictional British Mod called "Ace Face" who was a leader but ends up a Bell Boy. Great lyrics, heard the song once and looked up the lyrics.

"Lyrically, this is the final straw for Jimmy, having just found out that the Ace-Face he had looked up to as a Mod was now a Bell Boy, working for everyone rather than ruling over everyone at the same Brighton hotel the Mods had smashed up back in 1963 ("I don't suppose you would remember me/But I used to follow you back in '63")."

Bell Boy! I've gotta get runnin' now
Bell Boy! Keep my lip buttoned down
Bell Boy! Carry this baggage out
Bell Boy! Always running at someone's heel
You know how I feel, always running at someone's heel

Some nights I still sleep on the beach
Remember when stars were in reach
Then I wander in early to work
Spend the day licking boots for my perks

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
From the Wheat is Murder thread...

1 In highschool, was hired on at a deli for the holiday season (at Barney Bagel, Suzy Creamcheese in downtown Portland). Job was a bit of everything, but lots of dishes/utensils to be washed. Across the floor was an early waffle cone place staffed by flirty young women. At closing, we'd make trades: 16 oz cup of 7-Up and kegged white wine for waffle cone of my choice. We'd then hang out at Paranoid Park (really known as O'Bryant Square). I got no-where, but then again, neither did they.

2 Thank God Its Friday near Washington Square mall hired me for a summer as busboy and dishwasher. Took me 1/2 the summer to be accepted by Latino kitchen staff. Keeping head down and putting in the effort may have helped, but I like to pretend it was not getting bent about "prank the white boy" stuff and giving some back (after a while).

3 At college, for two summer terms, worked in the food hall cafeteria as dish duck (dishwasher). The wasted food was startling to me, like whole hamburgers with one bit out of them and half full cups of milk or soda, etc. I thought often of bringing in tupperware containers and it must have shown on my face because one of the older ladies in charged admonished me, "Don't even think it, you don't know what they have...college kids are full of VD."

4 At college during classes, worked at espresso/coffee cafe. Lots of dishwashing. Good friend Terrance (who I met up again with this summer past) once passed out from doing too many whippets in a row, Radioactive Red (huge red hair afro who went to nuke protests) just broke up with her Saudi boyfriend and fell into my arms and then three months later into someone else's arms, "the tall beautiful clumsy girl" told me she had a crush on me about two weeks into me meeting Lisa (who turned out to be a primary reason to move to San Francisco....damn it, why not earlier ,"tall beautiful clumsy girl?), then there was the wacky cast of customers.....

5 Was organizer for Christmas party at the office. Involved lots of clean up. Lead by example means I did the dishes. Ms. La and Ms. Salangsang were part of the team and had snuck in some hooch; we had a great time making fun of the Executive staff.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
An older dishwasher at a place I worked at would say loudly Hi Ho Silver whenever he ran a tray of silverware through the machine. He was a notorious bankrobber and one day the FBI scooped him up in the middle of his shift.

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
As a teen, I started working as a busboy at a decent restaurant. The dishwasher was this Mexican dude, and always asked me if I wanted to buy coke off him. I always said no, but then one day he told me I should rub the coke on my cock and it would make me a lot bigger and my girlfriend would like it more. :roflmao:

No, I never tried it.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Just spent 10 days at home with my eye’s filled up with detergent and food bits from helping the dishwasher because one didn’t show up for work. Three normally work in the evenings. One was a no show. So between bushing tables, running food, setting tables up for bigger parties, I dive in and help the dishwashers.
Scrubbing a ceramic dish that had scallops, cheese, butter and who knows what, that was in the metallic scrubber, both eye’s get splashed, I wash out my eye’s as best could. Run upstairs and find some saline solution and drown my eye’s. OK. Back to work.
Wake up the next morning, eyes are glued shut. Warm water rinsing and they eventually open. Go to Urgent Care, doctor asks the usual questions, scans my eye’s. No scratches. Prescription and I’m home bound.
Eye drops work, eye discharge is max’s out day and night. Outer eye’s burn like chit. Baggy eye’s.
Phuck me! Urgent care again. Prescription change. Whew! Yeah baby. Much better. Less eye discharge. No so much burning / stinging. Redemption.
The 10 days off was no picnic, feeling the walls to get out of the bedroom and to the bathroom to wash my eye’s out in the AM, but the new script, made all the diff.
Back to work, doing 230 - 250 covers a night …. and …

phuck the dishwashIng ….. :roflmao:

Left was the antibiotic.
Right, was the same with a steroid solution to ease the burn /stinging around the outer eye area. :shaka:10179A85-040E-4067-9405-8353E1E26F65.jpeg

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
What was that diagnosis, you know the fancy doctor words for whatever infection? Sick. I always tried not to think about it.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Not sure what the diagnosis would be or called with scallops, cheese, butter, lemon juice and dish detergent …

phuckofalotofstuff???
Theres just not of answers others than scraping scrubbing and elbow grease. Assuming its baked and served in the same dish. Otherwise tackle it quick from the cooks. My first jobs in HI I washed dishes for a few months at Pats at Punalu'u and then Texas Paniolo Cafe and Jamesons by the Sea in Haleiwa, even Waimea Falls Park. At Jamesons we didnt have a machine. Just two scrubbers. All haole surfer boys. My shoes would curl like elf shoes from the hot moisture and my hands would just go from extremes wet to dry and they would develop dry cuts. I hated it so bad I bought a note from a Doctor in Wahiawa saying I could get welfare before having to wash dishes again. $50. I was still in my teens. When I moved off the NS more opportunity opened up. Eventually by the late 80's I was running the line at Longhi's. Its always a great skill to have. Ive cooked in Christchurch, Salzburg, London and Colorado.

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I manned the Hobart dish dogging for a year trying to move up to Salad guy then busboy. This is me Halloween night 1981 doing 250 dinners solo, dressed up as a tourist with zinc on my nose. the head waiter was a coke dealer so he would keep us extra late making the kitchen spotless while he sat at the bar upstairs selling bindles. Riding our bikes home from work at 2Am we would jump in the hotel pool up the street leaving a grease slick. 9 dollars in tips from the waiters was typical. = 9 gallons of gas aka a weekend in Baja. Scrubbing the fish pans and baked scallops pans sucked . 16EA3729-6795-473E-8BCB-230FD1443DC1.jpeg16EA3729-6795-473E-8BCB-230FD1443DC1.jpeg

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Theres just not of answers others than scraping scrubbing and elbow grease. Assuming its baked and served in the same dish. Otherwise tackle it quick from the cooks. My first jobs in HI I washed dishes for a few months at Pats at Punalu'u and then Texas Paniolo Cafe and Jamesons by the Sea in Haleiwa, even Waimea Falls Park. At Jamesons we didnt have a machine. Just two scrubbers. All haole surfer boys. My shoes would curl like elf shoes from the hot moisture and my hands would just go from extremes wet to dry and they would develop dry cuts. I hated it so bad I bought a note from a Doctor in Wahiawa saying I could get welfare before having to wash dishes again. $50. I was still in my teens. When I moved off the NS more opportunity opened up. Eventually by the late 80's I was running the line at Longhi's. Its always a great skill to have. Ive cooked in Christchurch, Salzburg, London and Colorado.
Every two weeks, a couple of us would jump in my 4 dr Chevy Chevelle and head over to the Paniolo Cafe for beers and shooters. They had “jello days” outside In a pit? Can’t remember. Get half plowed and go to Kahana Bay, jump in, sober up, grab a shower and head for the prawn farm for pupu’s. Cocktails out on the lanai at Jameson’s and maybe a quick bite then head back to Waikiki, just with enough daylight to pull over into the pineapple fields and run through a couple of boxes of 9mm in my Beretta plinking beer cans.
:shaka:the Paniolo Cafe! :applause2::roflmao: