Your current two board quiver

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Right now it's a 9'8" single fin and a 5'11" Stretch Quadfish. It's probably all I'd ever need but I am looking towards a mid-length soon to round it out. My 10-board quiver days are over for now.
It done in fin set up you like " mine It2win" is pretty fun but pretty foiled not the greatest low end knee and under.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
OP is in Virginia Beach. Most posters seem to indicate the RNF96 actually wants some push. There is one thing off tide 2' VB has nothing, null, zip, zilch, absolutely -473K of: push.

Sad!

Many such East Coast beachbreaks:

Here is the best board for that sort of garbage..........and I aint kidden yas.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Here is the best board for that sort of garbage..........and I aint kidden yas.

To each his own.

My choice: https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/bean-bag/

There is a "model" longboard by Black Rose, Ricky Carroll's Justin Quintal label, called the Deviated Septum, and apparently it has some sort of belly something or other bottom mischief (not unlike the Bean Bag) that makes it work very well in sloppier/disjointed East Coast garbage.

I don't know diddly about longboarding, but personally, give me the sub 6' Bean Bag, or don't bother with the antics and go old school, 9'6"+

YMMV.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
To each his own.

My choice: https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/bean-bag/

There is a "model" longboard by Black Rose, Ricky Carroll's Justin Quintal label, called the Deviated Septum, and apparently it has some sort of belly something or other bottom mischief (not unlike the Bean Bag) that makes it work very well in sloppier/disjointed East Coast garbage.

I don't know diddly about longboarding, but personally, give me the sub 6' Bean Bag, or don't bother with the antics and go old school, 9'6"+

YMMV.
The waves in those pictures aren't even worth a real longboard in my humble opinion.

Reactions: bird.LA and cjs2002
Jan 10, 2014
Haha FL surfer also with
5’6 RNF96
5’9 pyzel phantom

so far I’ve been really happy with the low end of the 96 and I live on the gulf. I like the phantom but I prefer it when the waves are actually good in FL-never on my coast. Posts here have me considering a round tail disco cheater as a step up for the east side in the future

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
It's interesting how most of the two board quivers listed here don't really have a HPSB.

Groveler/step down + step up/good wave board seems more common.

It makes sense for max range but it's just funny because if I had to pick just one board it'd probably be something like the i72 or Driver.

The Plasmic is a very popular board.