5 dead, 18 injured in Colorado nightclub shooting....

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Do you really believe that the majority of murders, which are black on black and typically gang related, are committed with legally obtained firearms?

Do you really believe that stricter gun laws would prevent criminals from obtaining guns illegally?

Which laws would do that? Be specific and explain how such laws wouldn’t infringe on my right to legally possess the firearms of my choice.

Keep in mind that in the United States government is prohibited from punishing it’s citizens for the crimes that others have committed.
All firearms were legally obtained

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I make no assertion that new laws will be passed. The Court is clear on its view of the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't change the fact that we have too many guns in America, and we have too many murders in America. Apparently, it's just a decision we've all made.

But God Bless your guns! In fact, I don't know why we have ANY limits on who can own a gun. Kids, felons, clinically insane - who cares? The 2nd Amendment says "shall not be infringed!" If you're sticking to the literal words of the 2nd Amendment, guns should be regulated like butterflies - not at all.
1. How many is the right amount?

2. “God” has nothing to do with this.

3. With rights come responsibilities. Kids aren’t responsible so no guns for them. Felons, crazies, same thing.

The guy who shot up the bar made bomb threats, had illegal sh!t in his possession but wasn’t prosecuted. He should have been and that would have prevented him from legally possessing firearms.

Maybe we should enforce the laws we already have before making new ones.

I’ve had guns my whole life, grew up in a house full of them, my father was a collector and had federal firearm dealer license.

I’ve managed to never shoot anyone. It ain’t that hard.

But if I fuckk up and one of my guns kills another human outside of a self defense situation then by all means take them from me and never let me own a gun again.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
1. How many is the right amount?

2. “God” has nothing to do with this.

3. With rights come responsibilities. Kids aren’t responsible so no guns for them. Felons, crazies, same thing.

The guy who shot up the bar made bomb threats, had illegal sh!t in his possession but wasn’t prosecuted. He should have been and that would have prevented him from legally possessing firearms.

Maybe we should enforce the laws we already have before making new ones.

I’ve had guns my whole life, grew up in a house full of them, my father was a collector and had federal firearm dealer license.

I’ve managed to never shoot anyone. It ain’t that hard.

But if I fuckk up and one of my guns kills another human outside of a self defense situation then by all means take them from me and never let me own a gun again.
The 2nd amendment says nothing about responsibilities. It says shall not be infringed. Why are you ok with some infringements but not others? Is it because you're not a felon or crazy so it doesn't impact you?

As for his bomb sh!t, I don't know why the DA didn't press charges. Maybe he wasn't guilty. Maybe he was a white kid with a politically-connected MAGA grandfather. But where does the 2nd Amendment say felons can't own guns too? Why is that a limitation you're ok with from a constitutional perspective?

Reactions: kidfury

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The 2nd amendment says nothing about responsibilities. It says shall not be infringed. Why are you ok with some infringements but not others? Is it because you're not a felon or crazy so it doesn't impact you?

As for his bomb sh!t, I don't know why the DA didn't press charges. Maybe he wasn't guilty. Maybe he was a white kid with a politically-connected MAGA grandfather. But where does the 2nd Amendment say felons can't own guns too? Why is that a limitation you're ok with from a constitutional perspective?
You don’t understand rights and responsibilities?

People break laws and they lose their rights.

Were you not aware of this?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You don’t understand rights and responsibilities?

People break laws and they lose their rights.
I understand them, I just don't see what they have to do with the 2nd Amendment? Where does the Constitution say that felons can't own guns? Where does it say that everyone who owns a gun has to be some certain level of responsible? Most 2nd Amendment fans are quite literal in their reading of said Amendment. And let's be real, there's a huge population of Americans who NEVER reach a level of maturity sufficient to own a gun, but we don't seem to mind when they're old and stupid, just young and stupid. If people are going to stick with the "shall not be infringed" position, there should literally be no infringement. Otherwise, it's a hollow slogan.

On the flip side, if we're in agreement that 10 is too young purchase guns, why is 16 or 18 the limit and 21 so out of the question? If we agree that violent felons shouldn't own guns, why is it so offensive to think people with lesser convictions might not deserve them too? Or why is a federal background check or a few day waiting period so crazy? If we agree that normal Americans can't own dirty bombs, why are AR's off the table?

It's the inconsistency of the 2A folks I don't get. Justice Scalia had it right, but gun nuts like to ignore his words.

But honestly, it's way too late to do anything about any of this. Nothing will change.

Reactions: afoaf and kidfury

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
More whites are killed in America than blacks. Whites are generally killed by other whites, and blacks by other blacks.

So what? the U.S. has far more whites than blacks. But thanks for providing bullshit information which is irrelevant to the question.

Three websites:

1. Says that murdered whites are mostly murdered by whites, and that murdered blacks are mostly murdered by blacks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-racial-murder/fact-check-false-data-on-u-s-racial-murder-rates-idUSKCN24I2A9

2. Gives the 2020 United States census by race:

3. Gives the number of whites and blacks murdered in 2020:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/

Here’s how murder RATES shake out:

PopulationMurdersPercent
Total331,893,74517,7540.0053%
White251,575,4597,0290.0028%
Black45,137,5499,9130.0220%

So the murder rate among blacks is almost ten times as high as the murder rate among whites.

I’ll note that I could not readily find these statistics compiled and published.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
I understand them, I just don't see what they have to do with the 2nd Amendment? Where does the Constitution say that felons can't own guns? Where does it say that everyone who owns a gun has to be some certain level of responsible? Most 2nd Amendment fans are quite literal in their reading of said Amendment. And let's be real, there's a huge population of Americans who NEVER reach a level of maturity sufficient to own a gun, but we don't seem to mind when they're old and stupid, just young and stupid. If people are going to stick with the "shall not be infringed" position, there should literally be no infringement. Otherwise, it's a hollow slogan.

On the flip side, if we're in agreement that 10 is too young purchase guns, why is 16 or 18 the limit and 21 so out of the question? If we agree that violent felons shouldn't own guns, why is it so offensive to think people with lesser convictions might not deserve them too? Or why is a federal background check or a few day waiting period so crazy? If we agree that normal Americans can't own dirty bombs, why are AR's off the table?

It's the inconsistency of the 2A folks I don't get. Justice Scalia had it right, but gun nuts like to ignore his words.

But honestly, it's way too late to do anything about any of this. Nothing will change.
This is why women shouldn’t vote.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
So what? the U.S. has far more whites than blacks. But thanks for providing bullshit information which is irrelevant to the question.

Three websites:

1. Says that murdered whites are mostly murdered by whites, and that murdered blacks are mostly murdered by blacks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-racial-murder/fact-check-false-data-on-u-s-racial-murder-rates-idUSKCN24I2A9

2. Gives the 2020 United States census by race:

3. Gives the number of whites and blacks murdered in 2020:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251877/murder-victims-in-the-us-by-race-ethnicity-and-gender/

Here’s how murder RATES shake out:

PopulationMurdersPercent
Total331,893,74517,7540.0053%
White251,575,4597,0290.0028%
Black45,137,5499,9130.0220%

So the murder rate among blacks is almost ten times as high as the murder rate among whites.

I’ll note that I could not readily find these statistics compiled and published.
You’re engaging in a discussion nobody disputes.

Duffy said the majority of murder victims in America were black and that is not correct per the FBI statistics I posted.

Thanks for participating.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This is what a good guy without a gun looks like…

E1977516-2773-464A-B238-6EFBCC064132.jpeg

He’s more of a man than most of you. Not because he took down an armed murderer with his barehands. But because he was in an LGBTQ bar with his family supporting his daughter’s trans boyfriend while you guys were shrieking about trans people online.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
A real man loves and supports his kids no matter what. I guarantee you that guy is a much better parent than the trash that raised the fat Incel who walked into that bar with a gun.
I don't disagree with that. He's a hero.

What I'm trying to do is wrap my mind around what a trans boyfriend is :unsure: