Electric Lawnmowers

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Broke 2 sliding gla$$ doors with the Husky weedeater throwing rocks at whatever mph...you'd think we'd learn after the first one...well, we did for sure after the 2nd one. Now I have my favorite weedeater, the Makita 36v (uses 2 18v batteries) and it's got a couple cool features...one is that it has a 'turtle' mode where it tops out the rpms at a slower mph, doesn't throw rocks but it still cuts good. The other cool thing is that it has reverse so when stuff gets wrapped around the head you just reverse it and off it goes. Genius...oh, and the batteries last about as long as I do...charge the batts, recharge the operator.
You do realize the shield around the base of weedwacker is to protect you and other objects from rocks and if you hold shield up vertical to glass prevent breakage:shrug:

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
You do realize the shield around the base of weedwacker is to protect you and other objects from rocks and if you hold shield up vertical to glass prevent breakage:shrug:
Haha, yeah and I don't remove that shield like I've seen others do for that very reason...meanwhile do do occurs...we have 6' concrete porches all around the house that are 8" up and even doing as you say rocks still fly off of the big Husky eaters. The Makita works fine in kinda slow motion.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
late to this thread, but electric mowers are ghey af....be a fkn man and huff gas fumes and **** off your neighbors proper

also, if you don't plant an avodcado tree, I'm going to come over and rip out your fkn lemon tree and put one in myself
I have a seed already sprouting in a pot.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Ended up with the ryobi. First mow…

2917B311-F8E8-4C9A-9EF6-1963EF3C7F3A.jpeg

now does anyone have any experience with Limewashing cinder block walls? Debating if I should do that or stucco and paint before we plant hedges around the perimeter.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Man that yard is 100% DYI all over it. Rip out strips for fruit trees, garden, etc. The previous owners left you with an empty canvas.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
IIRC you need a 2nd tree from a different variety to fruit, unless your neighbor does already. Bearse lime is a no brainer :beer:
Pineapple isn't worth the hassle as an edible, grows 1-2 fruits/plant that take 2 years to harvest. Could be a cool ornamental. Bouganvillea is a good one along walls and fences.

Reactions: $kully

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
IIRC you need a 2nd tree from a different variety to fruit, unless your neighbor does already. Bearse lime is a no brainer :beer:
Pineapple isn't worth the hassle as an edible, grows 1-2 fruits/plant that take 2 years to harvest. Could be a cool ornamental. Bouganvillea is a good one along walls and fences.
I mentioned pineapple more as an ornamental. Low water and maintenance. Fvck Bougainvillea. Especially fvck trimming Bougainvillea. Por el culo. Buy an avocado tree.

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
I have 2 avo trees in my yard. One of mine gives avos at a time.

DO NOT PLANT BIRD OF PARADISE. The fvcker who owned this place before me did.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019

View attachment 139678

now does anyone have any experience with Limewashing cinder block walls? Debating if I should do that or stucco and paint before we plant hedges around the perimeter.
you could stucco or maybe thoroseal that cmu wall but it will be virtually impossible to get it clean enough for good adhesion. meaning youll have the surface flaking off overtime. painting it with a poly primer first would help but its still going be a lot of effort for iffy results

id learn to love it as is and focus on ur layback wraps instead

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
you could stucco or maybe thoroseal that cmu wall but it will be virtually impossible to get it clean enough for good adhesion. meaning youll have the surface flaking off overtime. painting it with a poly primer first would help but its still going be a lot of effort for iffy results

And re-doing that patio slab.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Sandblasting the wall minimum. Cost/benefit doesn’t pencil out.

Wrong poster. A layback wrap for him is a burrito he eats on the couch.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Avocados...the tree and fruit does not grow true to the parent. Could get lucky and have edible fruit, but unlikely to taste like the one you planted. 7+ yrs to fruit is a long time to wait and find out what you got.

See if you can find honest to goodness commercial avocado tree, get cutting, then graft onto rooted plant in your yard.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

View attachment 139678

Next buy good pressure wash and use with cement cleaner solution good tool to have around home but careful with siding or house when spraying from causing damage lower pressure.