State Park E-Bike Ban Petition

parkiteric

Nep status
Jul 3, 2010
Tyler Warren on a mission. If interested u can sign. if not whatevas

fck that. i bought my murf alpha to save time when surfing trestles. i dont act like a fucktard on the bike either. Get the fcking hooligan children off the bikes or have licensing required for them because they're primarily the ones fcking it up for all of the respectable riders.

Last edited:
Reactions: grg

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
1)E-bikes weigh significantly more than a normal mountainbike.

2)You have way more riders riding up trails they would not normally have been able to climb with a normal mountainbike. Locally this is where I'm seeing the most damage done. Probably more coming down these trails as well. So more trail usage in a very different way with a much heavier vehicle.
We’ll around here we share trails with horses so…

As far as weight goes I guarantee you that me on a full carbon high end cross country mtn bike weighs more than twerpy little 13 year old girl on an ebike.

Hate to say it but you guys on this thread sound like a bunch of whiny bitches.

If people are exhibiting shitty behavior (regardless of their mode of transportation) then deal with those people.

If I had an ebike (and wanted to take it to Trestles) I’d use it responsibly like I’m sure most people do now. Why punish everyone for the misdeeds of a few?

I suspect that a lot of this is just simple envy.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
As far as weight goes I guarantee you that me on a full carbon high end cross country mtn bike weighs more than twerpy little 13 year old girl on an ebike.
Which is totally irrelevant, since 13 year old girls on e-bikes make up a smidgen of the people riding E-mountainbikes. ( a lot of fatsos on all types of mountainbikes actually)

Average e-mountainbike weighs anywhere from 40 -80 lbs, or so I was told at the bike shop.

Envious of what?

Reactions: Havoc

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Ha. Yes yes we all die. I bet you can admit to seeing people who are obviously ill equipped to ride those things and treating them like a toy. Kid and adults alike. The same exact thing happened with the whole electric scooter craze. People that probably haven't ridden a bike in 10-20 years and whose main source of physical activity is taking a sh!t are hopping on these things and zip zapping all over the fucking place. You actually described it perfectly. I dont mean to go after you @grg I just hate those zip zapping machines. They need their own lane or to just be allowed on the road and call it what it is, a motorcycle.
dont worry I dont feel attacked nor do I really care what others do on the bike. Those you describe re: Takin a crap prob shouldn't be driving a car but they do.

Argument kind of reminds me of snowboarding when it started.

My eMTB is fun as F^CK as well. More miles in less time and love it
It would cut down on the crowds in a big way - like grg said, he didn't even bother going down there until he got his e-bike.
youre an idiot. Surf down there plenty pre-ebike and have skated, walked, rode the ATV trailer ride dude back in the day, drove in with my uncles, boated in and rode a pedal bike.

I live here in SC and joined the EBike mafia and dont give 2 f^cks. Im stoked so all good. Loading up to ride the LarmoGlider now.

give it another try

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
We’ll around here we share trails with horses so…

Hate to say it but you guys on this thread sound like a bunch of whiny bitches.

If people are exhibiting shitty behavior (regardless of their mode of transportation) then deal with those people.

If I had an ebike (and wanted to take it to Trestles) I’d use it responsibly like I’m sure most people do now. Why punish everyone for the misdeeds of a few?

The problem is enforcement in the first place.

They can't station people along the trail to watch shitty e-biker behavior all day.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
The solution is obvious. More bike lanes and more road diets. We need separate lanes for slow riders, pro riders and e-riders.
I'm sure the mayor of Encinitas is already thinking about this.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The problem is enforcement in the first place.

They can't station people along the trail to watch shitty e-biker behavior all day.
So because of the shitty behavior of a few plus laziness in regards to doing something about it, responsible people will be punished.

Put up speed limit of 10 mph and have a cop give out tickets. Fines would pay for enforcement.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Which is totally irrelevant, since 13 year old girls on e-bikes make up a smidgen of the people riding E-mountainbikes. ( a lot of fatsos on all types of mountainbikes actually)

Average e-mountainbike weighs anywhere from 40 -80 lbs, or so I was told at the bike shop.

Envious of what?
Your trail damage argument is just plain stupid. It’s like the skiers in the 80s saying snow boarders fuck up the snow.

You’re envious that you didn’t have an ebike when you were a kid and you‘re envious because you don’t have one now.

If you had one you’d ride it down to the beach just everyone else.

Reactions: live4swell

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The solution is obvious. More bike lanes and more road diets. We need separate lanes for slow riders, pro riders and e-riders.
I'm sure the mayor of Encinitas is already thinking about this.
All it will take is a lawsuit against the city after someone gets hit in a “shared” space.

That’s what it took to end the Leucadia shared bike lane experiment.

i think we need more assholes and bad actors. Maybe duffl is right - there are only enough assholes to be annoying, not enough to trigger enforcement.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
This thread is hilarious. My wife and I ride our eBikes down to the beach most evenings to go chill and look at the ocean. Along the path to the beach, tonight included, the least respectful and considerate riders are almost always peeps on expensive road bikes in their fancy spandex. Can’t be bothered to give a simple “on your left” or bell ring as they zoom up on you. I just call out “on your left!” as they go past, so hopefully they’ll consider being considerate for the next rider.
I do agree that most kids/teens that are on ebikes now have never been taught proper road/bike laws and etiquette. I remember taking a class in middle school(?) that taught the basic laws of riding on a road and hand signals. My kids know them, but unfortunatel, most obviously don’t. I think that requirement is a good starting point.

Reactions: JDJ and MathDebater

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
So because of the shitty behavior of a few plus laziness in regards to doing something about it, responsible people will be punished.

Put up speed limit of 10 mph and have a cop give out tickets. Fines would pay for enforcement.
Motorized vehicles aren't allowed on the trail in the first place.

Lack of enforcement has allowed it to become the circus it is.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Motorized vehicles aren't allowed on the trail in the first place.

Lack of enforcement has allowed it to become the circus it is.
Well, if motorized vehicles aren’t allowed already then what‘s the point of the petition to ban them? They want to make them really really not allowed?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Well, if motorized vehicles aren’t allowed already then what‘s the point of the petition to ban them? They want to make them really really not allowed?
The petition wants to explicitly state a ban on e-bikes because a percentage of e-bikers aren't smart enough to realize an electric motor is still a motor. Then there's a percentage of e-bikers that know, but give zero fvcks. Then there's a percentage that do it because everyone else is doing it.

If someone REALLY wants to get e-bikes banned, start driving your golf cart down there on the daily. If e-bikes can get around enforcement then why not golf carts? When there's 400 golf carts parked down there, I bet that will get some attention.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
youre an idiot. Surf down there plenty
In your previous post celebrating your eBike purchase You said you were going to start surfing there a lot more because you can now access it with an E-bike.

Your words, not mine.

So no, I’m not mischaracterizing your posts.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Your trail damage argument is just plain stupid. It’s like the skiers in the 80s saying snow boarders fook up the snow.

You’re envious that you didn’t have an ebike when you were a kid and you‘re envious because you don’t have one now.

If you had one you’d ride it down to the beach just everyone else.
My trail destruction argument is perfectly accurate. And you know it is. Simple physics.You’re smart enough to know that.

Envy? If I wanted an E bike I’d buy one.