Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Futures

Votes: 36 70.6%

• Total voters

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I’m finding this quite entertaining that you can’t seem to wrap your mind around putting 100 lbs of force on a fin during a turn.

Let’s just consider mass. I’m 215 lbs.

Doing a bottom turn on a hollow over head wave when I’m leaned over with my back hand skimming the surface. About 75% of my weight is applied to the back foot that is directly over the fin cluster.

How is that NOT 100 lbs. of force on the fins?

or a hard top turn…
This isn’t rocket science. You doing a turn on the wave you describe versus doing it on chest high mush. It’s the force of the wave that makes the difference, not your manly man legs, though I’m sure they’re lovely.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I’m finding this quite entertaining that you can’t seem to wrap your mind around putting 100 lbs of force on a fin during a turn.

Let’s just consider mass. I’m 215 lbs.

Doing a bottom turn on a hollow over head wave when I’m leaned over with my back hand skimming the surface. About 75% of my weight is applied to the back foot that is directly over the fin cluster.

How is that NOT 100 lbs. of force on the fins?

or a hard top turn…
Same guy who:
Rides fireturds highest tech in boards
Marks X on beach to line up shoulder for next hop
Quiver of fun errrr mid boards
:shrug:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
This thread going full LOL.

i dunno how much force my fins feel vs how much of it is the board on a plane, but I can say from experience that when a >200lb fat fugger dropped in on me on a shoulder high NCSD (mush) reef, I gave him a solid hockey body check with my feet planted on pop up and had no issue taking him down hard while keeping myself upright - and I’m easily 50lbs lighter than him.

I was really surprised at the amount lift I was experiencing.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
This thread going full LOL.

i dunno how much force my fins feel vs how much of it is the board on a plane, but I can say from experience that when a >200lb fat fugger dropped in on me on a shoulder high NCSD (mush) reef, I gave him a solid hockey body check with my feet planted on pop up and had no issue taking him down hard while keeping myself upright - and I’m easily 50lbs lighter than him.

I was really surprised at the amount lift I was experiencing.
No matter weight and strength low center of gravity overtake "shoulder hopper" any day sure kook was standing straight up "no knee bend" or stink bug "to low".:drowning:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I'm a cutting-edge kinda guy. Is that so wrong?

A pointy V shape, actually, and where there's a strong current and no natural landmarks.

5'7 28L
5'6 29L
5'8 33L
7' 40L
:roflmao::roflmao:
Serious shoulder hoppin' action slinged in with man boobs for ultimate fireturd tomo shred:bricks:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Anyway, if you don't want to break your boxes simply don't lean/compress into turns. Surf like Jimmyboy, in other words.
Pay quality shaper/glasser and you can lean all you want :shaka: :drowning:
Looks like classified has a few turds for you perfect moobs volume:cheers:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Pay quality shaper/glasser and you can lean all you want
So your theory is that box breakage is due to poor installation and not usage. It's not like you to express views that are inconsistent with the herd. Are you okay?

Looks like classified has a few turds for you perfect moobs volume
I already have a 5'6 cymatic, and I thought you were cool with manufacturers who do custom orders.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
So your theory is that box breakage is due to poor installation and not usage. It's not like you to express views that are inconsistent with the herd. Are you okay?

I already have a 5'6 cymatic, and I thought you were cool with manufacturers who do custom orders.
Unless you hit reef/rock/sand/board/Hawaiian 4' day @ Sunset/etc a good quality glass job which I asked @Havoc to include in poll prevent any box breakage.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Slater on a 5'3 cymatic on the North Shore. Boxes seem to have held.

I am pretty sure slaters bords specially ns quiver does not get glassed at the same taiwan factory as yours:foreheadslap: so if slater jumps off bridge so do you :shrug:

Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I am pretty sure slaters bords specially ns quiver does not get glassed at the same taiwan factory as yours:foreheadslap:
Fair point, and if your theory is right, that boxes fail because of poor installation rather than usage, bad manufacturers could be identified by failed boxes. I'll try doing a search and see what brands tend to fail.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Fair point, and if your theory is right, that boxes fail because of poor installation rather than usage, bad manufacturers could be identified by failed boxes. I'll try doing a search and see what brands tend to fail.
Ask local ding repair guy :shrug: