Lost Blacksheep

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
“Triax” Carbon is laminated only on the deck, with a short bottom lap and sandwiched with multiple layers of 4oz, “D-size” fiberglass, top and bottom, for both durability and performance.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think there have been overseas runs of Drew's builds before. There are boards with Black Dart and C4 lams and no Old City lam.

I really hope this doesn't mean the end of C4 and Black Dart Mayhems on my local used rack/craigslist. I see Carbon Wrap isn't an option anymore and I am not sure Black Dart is the best build for anything other than a groveler for a larger surfer.

Someone said something about GG and flex. I could easily see a Lightspeed or Black Dart (and I assume Black Sheep) shortboard being too thin/narrow in that build and feeling too floppy for bigger surfers.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The clip of Eli on one he is ripping, but the clip of Crane on one looks like he is turning the board flat and kinda bogging / nursing it.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
For sale $850

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Obviously, lost are entitled to do what they want with their production. But I hope the ardent FW-haters are just as upset with this Vietnam outsourcing of a formerly FL-made build.
Would it be racist to call black turd or better turd sheep:shrug:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
It would be hilarious to me if someone developed an ITAR materials surfboard due to the carbon layups and material used.

think about how much the mil-spec boys would fork over.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I've liked boards that I've had in both carbon wrap and lightspeed. I kind of feel like constantly changing tech isn't doing Lost any favors. It takes some work to dial in alternative tech (varial, xtr, lightspeed, etc.). If you're constantly changing it up, it's hard for the consumer to dial in and feel confident in purchases.

I think they'd be better off sticking with one proprietary construction like carbon wrap or lightspeed and then working with the various alternatives that are popular (inspired shaper? dark arts, varial, xtr, etc.) I know they already do this but maybe be a little bit more focused on that.

This is a bit of a rant but I feel like Lost is strategically lost. Their board dims could use some updating (they're out of wack, normal dims are too small, bro dims are too big and wide). All their alt boards are just weird rip-offs of other shapes these days. Their lineup is super broad and confusing (aren't there like 5 puddle jumpers)? I also find their team kind of uninspiring. Hate to say it but they need a hard reset imo.

Oh and don't even get me started on their marketing. Newsflash guys, it's not the 90s anymore and Chris Ward is NOT cool.