Gasoline Gasoline!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Price gouging. That's a favorite claim of democrats. Been hearing that one repeatedly. There's laws against price gouging. Democrats are in control. Why don't democrats ever prosecute the oil companies for all this price gouging they claim exists? I'll tell you why, they'd get laughed out of court.

Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Price gouging. That's a favorite claim of democrats. Been hearing that one repeatedly. There's laws against price gouging. Democrats are in control. Why don't democrats ever prosecute the oil companies for all this price gouging they claim exists? I'll tell you why, they'd get laughed out of court.
It is the facts, but of course being a talk radio moron you blame Biden. Remember when you blamed your business fails on Obama. You have at least a personality disorder, see a shrink, Stat!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
1) that's not how price gouging laws work and 2) that's a weak appeal to authority fallacy

#gromsdad #selfowns #alldaywrong

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
holy fk...how hard do you have to try to keep missing the fkn point?

MARKETING

lol

yeah, prices are high at the pump because of marketing

you already posted a response in a thread where the OP links an article that answers the question you just asked
Hey.

D!ldo. Someone **** in your Cheerios this morning?

i asked a question. Seeking to understand. I come to the erbb to get my information.

so angry.

gosh.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Yes, because big corporations with big pockets never skirt the laws.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
holy fk...how hard do you have to try to keep missing the fkn point?

MARKETING

lol

yeah, prices are high at the pump because of marketing

you already posted a response in a thread where the OP links an article that answers the question you just asked
And further more. Marketing is listed as a factor.

don’t pee in your Cheerios tomorrow morning.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Yes, because big corporations with big pockets never skirt the laws.
I realize you're an ignorant idiot but please take a look at the graphic below. Note that the government takes a bigger slice than the refining cost and profit COMBINED!!!!!! The profit margin on a gallon of gasoline is absurdly low.

I realize that as a school teacher you have very little real world experience but I have to ask, have you ever had a side job or a job growing up in retail of any kind where a product was sold? If so, were you ever aware of the profit margin on the products the business sold? If so, what was the product the business sold and what was the typical profit margin?

Capture.jpg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I realize you're an ignorant idiot but please take a look at the graphic below. Note that the government takes a bigger slice than the refining cost and profit COMBINED!!!!!! The profit margin on a gallon of gasoline is absurdly low.

I realize that as a school teacher you have very little real world experience but I have to ask, have you ever had a side job or a job growing up in retail of any kind where a product was sold? If so, were you ever aware of the profit margin on the products the business sold? If so, what was the product the business sold and what was the typical profit margin?

View attachment 131883
this isn't the gotcha too think it is. we're paying more for marketing and paying the petrol companies more profit than ever.

you also forgot to include the cost of taxpayer subsidies and the environmental costs.

maybe you should stop being so dishonest

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
this isn't the gotcha too think it is. we're paying more for marketing and paying the petrol companies more profit than ever.

you also forgot to include the cost of taxpayer subsidies and the environmental costs.

maybe you should stop being so dishonest
Maybe you should answer my question and stop being so dishonest.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Maybe you should answer my question and stop being so dishonest.

making demands and being disagreeable is a sign that you're baiting and not acting in good faith. 4F4FE7B7-5EC1-42B8-9BA4-6E29757FDC71.jpeg

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
making demands and being disagreeable is a sign that you're baiting and not acting in good faith. View attachment 131886
Refusing to answer a question is a sign that you know the answer defeats your position. What do you think would be a fair markup percentage on a gallon of gasoline? Throw out a percentage? How about a surfboard? What would be a fair markup as a percentage on a surfboard?

Tell me more about price gouging DumDum.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Refusing to answer a question is a sign that you know the answer defeats your position. What do you think would be a fair markup percentage on a gallon of gasoline? Throw out a percentage? How about a surfboard? What would be a fair markup as a percentage on a surfboard?

Tell me more about price gouging DumDum.

1. Are we talking about the gasoline retailer's profits or are we talking about the petrol company's profits?

2. Why do those diagrams group refining costs and profits together? that's very misleading since one is a cost.

3. You clearly demonstrated your inability to read graphs a few months back when you tried to claim that the spanish flu lasted longer than it actually did and then you deleted your post when i called you out on it.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
1. Are we talking about the gasoline retailer's profits or are we talking about the petrol company's profits?

2. Why do those diagrams group refining costs and profits together? that's very misleading since one is a cost.

3. You clearly demonstrated your inability to read graphs a few months back when you tried to claim that the spanish flu lasted longer than it actually did and then you deleted your post when i called you out on it.
So you can't give a percentage that a business.....any business.....should make as profit for its products and labor. Thanks. Its no wonder you're a mediocre male teacher.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So you can't give a percentage that a business.....any business.....should make as profit for its products and labor. Thanks. Its no wonder you're a mediocre male teacher.

isn't it up to the markets to decide how much profit a company, product, or service makes?

it's funny when someone repeatedly mentions another person's career and repeatedly tries to denigrate them for it.

keep hammering the point home about me being an educator. eventually you will make a point.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I learned that its fair game to mention another person's career from you and your ilk. It was done to me long before I ever went there. You're not doing your profession proud by your conduct on here.
You check gas prices in other countries yet, moron?