One egg or two?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Pro tip for eggs: Warm up your plate in the microwave for 30 seconds before plating. Keeps them from going tough and cold.

You could say this about a lot of foods and do this for almost every meal, but this is especially true for seafood and eggs.
Wife uses oven top on low plates stacked on range:shaka:

Reactions: grapedrink

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I'd rather get in a car accident than eat an egg.
I wish I liked them, because omelets and Huevos Rancheros looks sooo good. I've tried to eat an egg maybe 5 times my entire life and I just can't stomach them in any form:barf:

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'd rather get in a car accident than eat an egg.
I wish I liked them, because omelets and Huevos Rancheros looks sooo good. I've tried to eat an egg maybe 5 times my entire life and I just can't stomach them in any form:barf:
I’ve always loved them. As a three your old I ate so many that they had to be removed from my diet because I developed an allergy that I thankfully outgrew. We go through almost two dozen a week in my house.

I make soy sauce eggs to snack on whenever I get a chance.

• Love
Reactions: enframed and Pico

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Bruh.. if that still looks delicious to you then we will simply have to agree to disagree.

I threw up in my mouth when I saw this just like $kullys runny yoke egg plate. :sick:
Who knew you were such a girl? IFall isn’t surprising, but you?

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
2 eggs soft scramble on sourdough. Always sprinkle ground tyme from the garden just before they set up and a grind of pepper. Either add a scoop of goats cheese in with the eggs, or shredded mozzarella on top after.

I never go to breakfast out anymore, they suck at cooking eggs.

My one guilty pleasure - Breakfast Baconator from Wendy. One egg, crisp bacon, mild sausage, two slices of cheese. Best breakfast sandwich out there.
back when i was a kid...NOTHING in the world like a few presurf bowls followed by a an ultimate breakfast sandwich from jack n the crack. NOTHING

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
The big stupid hotel in Oceanside, Seabird...they do some damn good eggs. Potatoes, too.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
2 eggs, 4 strips of smoked bacon, 2 toast, 2 slices cheddar, butter.

1-) fry up bacon in a pan, as you toast the bread.

2-) cut hole in toast (heart shaped if children or hoes involved) place in pan with lowered heat and bacon grease, upon removing bacon, add dollop of butter.

3-) Crack egg into said hole, let fry, lifting the edges of the toast, so it seals the hole well. Turn off heat, on electric only, if gas lower again, flip toast without breaking yolk.

4-) serve on a hot plate, with cheddar slice laid over toast, 2 strips bacon over cheddar.

Yum.

Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Made fried rice yesterday for lunch with some leftover brown rice.

Some onion, some shallot, some sesame oil, some butter, three cloves garlic, some butter, dash of 5 spice mix, 4 whipped eggs.

Fry onions and shallots in sesame oil and butter till translucent.

Dump in rice and 5 spice mix, cook about 5 minutes, making sure the rice gets a little toasted at least one side.

Move solids to side of skillet, lower heat, add eggs. As eggs cook, slowly mix in rice.

When eggs are almost done to your right texture, sprinkle on about teaspoon of soy sauce, and mix a little more, can't be too wet.

Turn off heat, wait 30 seconds, add black pepper, and green onion if you want.

Plate and serve.

Reactions: npsp

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
Made fried rice yesterday for lunch with some leftover brown rice.

Some onion, some shallot, some sesame oil, some butter, three cloves garlic, some butter, dash of 5 spice mix, 4 whipped eggs.

Fry onions and shallots in sesame oil and butter till translucent.

Dump in rice and 5 spice mix, cook about 5 minutes, making sure the rice gets a little toasted at least one side.

Move solids to side of skillet, lower heat, add eggs. As eggs cook, slowly mix in rice.

When eggs are almost done to your right texture, sprinkle on about teaspoon of soy sauce, and mix a little more, can't be too wet.

Turn off heat, wait 30 seconds, add black pepper, and green onion if you want.

Plate and serve.
Use bacon grease instead of butter/oil. Cook the bacon, remove, do everything else you said, add the bacon back in.

Reactions: npsp and Mr Doof

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Use bacon grease instead of butter/oil. Cook the bacon, remove, do everything else you said, add the bacon back in.
And use white rice instead of brown and add some chili crisp. Done.

This is a fantastic recipe for kimchi fried rice with hot dogs, bacon, egg (over easy or sunny side up, of course).

Reactions: Mr Doof