One egg or two?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I don't always eat eggs.. but when I do they are "over hard"!

Runny eggs and especially runny yoke is just absolutely disgusting. Do you feel me?
Seriously.. who likes runny yokes??? :barf:

I can eat a tray of deviled eggs all by myself but runny yoke.. I will vomit.
I love runny yokes but I can totally understand not liking them. I dated a French girl years ago and I'm not sure if it was exclusive to her family or if it is just generally a French/Euro thing but the way they served eggs...let's just say if you think runny yokes are gross, try runny whites:sick:

• Wow
Reactions: Boneroni

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
As long as we are speaking about eggs, yesterday morning I had a 3 egg omelette with bacon, cheese, spinach, mushrooms, and avocado, with home fries and buttered rye toast, at a diner (Hot'n Tot) which has been there since the 1940s on PCH in Lomita (near the South Bay region of LA County), with 3 of my best friends in life. Eggs don't get any better than that. https://www.thehotntot.com/

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I love runny yokes but I can totally understand not liking them. I dated a French girl years ago and I'm not sure if it was exclusive to her family or if it is just generally a French/Euro thing but the way they served eggs...let's just say if you think runny yokes are gross, try runny whites:sick:
That would be a deal breaker fo sho... fo sho!! Runny whites is way more gross than runny yoke. :sick:

Reactions: Aruka

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
When you drink as much as I do you don't really worry about cholesterol or what the doctors say. Just say'in. :beer:
well, that's fine for you but what about the rest of us....who may not drink as much as you....which is probably a minority here...but if there were, just sayin....

ah fuck, it - i'll have what he's having :beer:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
soft boiled eggs are a thing

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Two every morning, either as a Omelette, or scrambled with Kimchi mixed in w/toast.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Average 10/week. All kinds, no particular favorite but if I’m making them over easy.

Reactions: afoaf

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Dos, over easy.
Yes, on a two slices. Fried Egg Sando FTW.

Also over easy on Kimchi Rice Bowl, or on a burger.

Hard yolks have their place in a hard-boiled egg, egg salad, or deviled. But runny always wins in every other way.

Has anyone else here made oeufs en cocotte?

Amazing, and easy as fvck.

Reactions: santacruzin

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
so do we worry about eggs and cholesterol anymore or has that concern been debunked by the latest study?
70s era nutrition dogma. Your cholesterol numbers are largely driven by your genetics and the amount of fat tissue you carry around.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
This time of year? A bed of garden-fresh cabbage and onions, sauteed in butter and a couple of eggs, sunnyside up, on top.

Reactions: grapedrink

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
I like what I think is called "half scrambled": plenty of butter, relatively high heat, then crack them in and let them set a while before scrambling, remove in time for the yolks to end up just barely runny. I like some heterogeneity, don't like it to be a consistent paste.

though more often recently i've been sauteing a bunch of chard or spinach and crack a single egg in there at the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
so do we worry about eggs and cholesterol anymore or has that concern been debunked by the latest study?
no worry debunked long ago, big agra influencing "medical" research like just like big pharma and all the other multinational corps that can pay off the politicos.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I like what I think is called "half scrambled": plenty of butter, relatively high heat, then crack them in and let them set a while before scrambling, remove in time for the yolks to end up just barely runny. I like some heterogeneity, don't like it to be a consistent paste.
I’ll do something similar when I scramble eggs. I’ll whip up all but one yolk before putting them in the pan. Once they are close to being done, break the last yolk, cook for a few more seconds and serve :beer:

Reactions: Tarab_ish

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
Two eggs over medium...runny yolks good, runny whites no good. We have 9 hens out there in my Fort Knox chicken coop. Previous coops had been breached by racoons, bears...this time I said 'no more' and it's got 4 strands of 7000v electric fence wire around it. My daughter came by with her pit bull mix and first thing he did was charge hard at the chickens...of course they freaked but as soon as he hit the wire he shrieked and turned and ran away whimpering. I enjoyed watching that--now he stays 20' back. The best eggs too--orange yolks that stand up.