Summer Surf Trips

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Just finishing up my second trip:

First trip was El Salvador for three weeks in April.

Second trip was a very quick strike mission to Mex; two days in Rio Nexpa and two days in Salidita.

Not sure where but there will definitely be a third trip. May go back to El Sal or do a mix of El Sal and Mex.

Loving this work remotely less covid thing.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Just finishing up my second trip:

First trip was El Salvador for three weeks in April.

Second trip was a very quick strike mission to Mex; two days in Rio Nexpa and two days in Salidita.

Not sure where but there will definitely be a third trip. May go back to El Sal or do a mix of El Sal and Mex.

Loving this work remotely less covid thing.
You didn’t stop by.:shameonyou:

It’s been the weakest spring season in memory condition wise with daily onshores starting at 9ish with little to no offshore at night.

I recommend Oaxaca before it’s subwayed.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You didn’t stop by.:shameonyou:

It’s been the weakest spring season in memory condition wise with daily onshores starting at 9ish with little to no offshore at night.

I recommend Oaxaca before it’s subwayed.
you know, i was ABOUT to write a post about how bummed i was that, despite going to a wave rich region of mexico, we will be way too far south for an Ogro visit.

Now, i'm only vaguely disappointed, and not totally bummed

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
you know, i was ABOUT to write a post about how bummed i was that, despite going to a wave rich region of mexico, we will be way too far south for an Ogro visit.

You should reconsider. You’ll be missing the opportunity to hang with “el oceanslide” y su cartel de NCSD. What’s a 4 day round trip on the highway from hell to a baller like you?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
my car got tossed by some handle jigglers and the fakkas made off with my vax card

california online system can't find my records

cancel all summer plans, boys
Revax? I was looking forward to meeting the boys...

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
You should reconsider. You’ll be missing the opportunity to hang with “el oceanslide” y su cartel de NCSD. What’s a 4 day round trip on the highway from hell to a baller like you?
How much to charter a seaplane you reckon? :waving::shaka:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I remember the days of finding the absolute cheapest flight even if it had more stops and longer layovers. I don’t miss those days. My time and quality of life is worth the best flight I can reasonably afford. I don’t even mind flying coach as long as I’m on the most efficient itinerary possible. And always get the extra legroom in coach. The poor man’s first class

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
flying is the worst but vacations are the best. i recommend red eyes so you sleep through the flight and never skimp on the tix...cant put a price on comfort.

They had the belt pwky closed with no detour coming home at 2am yesterday. 1.5 hours of exhausted frustration driving endlessly around Brookyln was a treat to end the trip with.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’ve done that exact thing to get around the belt and it is indeed hell. Somewhere around the 60 minute mark, when you’ve passed through the alphabet 3 times and the numbers become names only to become a new set of numbers again, you realize just how freaking big of a city Brooklyn is. And then you have another hour to get to LB via rock away

Reactions: mundus

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
wow that is a LOT easier than what we had to do to get out of Nicaragua last May. $150 per person. At some health clinic in the maze of Managua (thank god for google maps) but at least they sent results that afternoon so you could make your morning flight the next day. Literally the ONLY testing center i the country. I HAVE to imagine that has improved in the past 12 months
Ummmm .... that would be negatory there Sub. The Costa Rica - Liberia route is looking better as Costa Rica recently dropped all Covid requirements and offer testing at the airport.