Is Covid still a thing?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I have covid right now. Feels like it's still a thing...
How do you know?

I'm stuffy and have a sore throat too, could be covid, could be allergies, could be any number of things

However, i'm not freaking out and running out to get tested so who knows. Just like i've done whenever i've contracted an illness for the previous 40 years of my life

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
How do you know?

I'm stuffy and have a sore throat too, could be covid, could be allergies, could be any number of things

However, i'm not freaking out and running out to get tested so who knows. Just like i've done whenever i've contracted an illness for the previous 40 years of my life
I had home test kits, so I used one :shrug:

My symptoms were a lot more covidy than yours. Almost done with it I think, been about a week.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Interesting how quickly it disappeared from the news cycle once the Ukraine war started :unsure:

Seems that all we had to do was move on with our lives and it would go away. . . So why didn’t we do this sooner? It’s almost like the media and a certain ilk intentionally kept it alive long after it’s expiration date because there was nothing else to talk about and they enjoyed imposing asinine rules on people.

How . . . Unusual.
so fucking dumb.

Just because headlines changed, doesn't mean facts changed.
California is doing better than many others, precisely because of the things you've been shitting your diaper over for 2 years.

Had to cancel my trip because Japan is still closed and so are many countries.

Keep worshipping the Joseph Rogan Horse Paste cult.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
How do you know?

Yes, and fück anybody else who you may infect, who may react differently to COVID.

This is how narcissistic child thinks.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You guys are so dramatic.
The false positives on those rapid tests are very high.

We had a bunch of kids on the wrestling team test positive using the school’s rapid test (spread out over a couple months). We got all the kids who tested positive to get a pcr test for confirmation (wife and I paid for tests of the kids from lower income homes) and every single one came back negative.

We did this because a “case” would cause anyone who had close contact with the “sick” student to be quarantined for two weeks. This would essentially shut down the entire wrestling team.

So out of 10 positive rapid tests not one of them was confirmed by a pcr test. The first few who showed a negative pcr we had to fight tooth and nail for to get everyone back in school. After that we’d just show the negative test and get no pushback at all.

All of those positive rapid test positives were recorded by the county as “cases” which added to the case rate keeping county wide restrictions in place longer even though they were confirmed to be false positives.

By the way, you’d be amazed at how difficult it is to find that one person who has the authority to make the decision to allow these kids back in class.

The school said it was county health. County health said it was the school district. School district said it was the school.

Answer?

We still don’t really know.

Reactions: Ifallalot

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Thanks for yet another compelling anecdote duffman. Keep your emotions running hot and stay you!

For me the math worked out this way --> positive rapid test + congestion and dry cough + high fever that progressed rapidly + wetter coughs/sneezing + lower level congestion the past couple days = yeah probably the test was right. Especially considering my wife got the same symptoms a couple days ahead of me and I tested negative when she came down with it, followed by a positive test the next day :shaka:

Reactions: grapedrink