Kelly Slater looking husky/DONE?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
looks a bit softer, so what? maybe he's off the TRT HGH combo? wouldn't call him portly at all, he can still probably outlift you without ever touching a weight.

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
He's almost 50. Trying to stay as lean as he was when he was 30 would require trading some health and fitness along with it. He lives a pretty physical lifestyle. Calories are good at his stage in life. Fun fact...people with 20% body fat have lower mortality rates than people with 10%. Plus, judging from his forearms, biceps and shoulders he looks like he's added some muscle mass.

I wonder if he's still claiming 25 liter boards?

Last edited:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
He's almost 50.

remember seeing something like 26-27 within the past year or two

my boards been getting slightly bigger every year the past few years up to 30-31 now, just turned 33 recently. he's still surfing often enough and at a high level to warrant the low volume.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
remember seeing something like 26-27 within the past year or two

my boards been getting slightly bigger every year the past few years up to 30-31 now, just turned 33 recently. he's still surfing often enough and at a high level to warrant the low volume.
For sure. At his skill level taking off late and deep is nothing.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
He could outfit you right up in head to toe transparently recycled wildly overpriced luxury casual wear
not about that life, have never owned any of the hipster eco stuff. patagucci no thanks, OK is the same style of overpriced trash.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
He's almost 50. Trying to stay as lean as he was when he was 30 would require trading some health and fitness along with it. He lives a pretty physical lifestyle. Calories are good at his stage in life. Fun fact...people with 20% body fat have lower mortality rates than people with 10%. Plus, judging from his forearms, biceps and shoulders he looks like he's added some muscle mass.

I wonder if that stat is accurate for a 10% person who is really active and healthy.

For example I bet a lot of heroin addicts have low body fat.

I have friends who are drinkers who don't eat and are very lean.

They don't seem very healthy.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I wonder if that stat is accurate for a 10% person who is really active and healthy.

For example I bet a lot of heroin addicts have low body fat.

I have friends who are drinkers who don't eat and are very lean.

They don't seem very healthy.
There's tons and tons of studies about this that have taken lifestyle into consideration. The last one I read was in the AMJ a few weeks ago that showed people who were on the lower end of obesity (30-34.9) we're not more likely to die than normal weight people. Once you get above that number your mortality climbs significantly.

Metabolic diseases are real and being obese is not in any way healthy. Healthy BF percentages are the goal...but actually not better than being slightly above healthy. Low body fat, specifically for people who aren't there naturally and get there by caloric and nutrition reduction and excess exercise increases injury risk and survivability from disease. it's also bad for vital organs and the endocrine system. There are zero health benefits to having abnormally low body fat.

Kelly Slater at 50 would be less healthy and not as good in the water if he still looked like Baywatch Slater.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There's tons and tons of studies about this that have taken lifestyle into consideration. The last one I read was in the AMJ a few weeks ago that showed people who were on the lower end of obesity (30-34.9) we're not more likely to die than normal weight people. Once you get above that number your mortality climbs significantly.

Metabolic diseases are real and being obese is not in any way healthy. Healthy BF percentages are the goal...but actually not better than being slightly above healthy. Low body fat, specifically for people who aren't there naturally and get there by caloric and nutrition reduction and excess exercise increases injury risk and survivability from disease. it's also bad for vital organs and the endocrine system. There are zero health benefits to having abnormally low body fat.
Fat people are really well nourished and get plenty of vitamins n nutrients.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Last edited: