Found my Dream Car

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Maybe not dream car, but I was close to pulling the trigger on one of these in early 2020. Glad I didn’t because Covid hit. Flame away
A2F90F09-03D2-44CB-824E-190E2CBC4616.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: r32

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
SAN DIEGO GAS AND ELECTRIC (SDGE) have what amounts to one of the highest electric fees in the state if not the country. Neighbors bought a Tesla but unloaded it within a year due to the unreal spike in their monthly electric bill.
That's why we are having solar installed. Eventually battery backup too perhaps. Depending on how it shakes out. But I'm less sold on, say, powerwalls, than plain old solar. Our electric bills in the summer in Charleston in a house with a loft ceiling are sky fricking high.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah our house is the exact wrong design for life on one of the windiest beaches in the north east. Expensive as hell to warm and cool

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Solar is not what you want. Micro-turbine to the rescue.

Please note, I have no idea how noisy this might be or if it would be considered an eye-sore.
Vertical axis turbines like that are cool. They are making them quieter, better looking and to be efficient in low wind conditions. I was thinking of converting an old style roof vent turbine to a generator to see how much juice I can get out of it.
Lots of ways to harness the power of nature and convert it to electricity. Just got to think out of the box a bit.

Reactions: Hump and Mr Doof

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
@afoaf posts have become increasingly negative lately. Maybe he has the 'rona. Or his ex is being a bitch again. Transference can be especially prevalent during the holidays.
are you on a low-sodium diet, bru?

I'm always salty

hey, it's mostly a nostalgic attraction for the Old Defenders. You can't tell me those things weren't awesome

and if r32 is calling you a grumpy pants, then a grumpy pants you are. He's the moderator you know
it's a douchemobile.

literally the worlds worst-rated vehicle useful for nothing but signaling status in urban environments.

buy an old defender if you think old defenders are awesome.

ooof.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: r32

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Solar is not what you want. Micro-turbine to the rescue.

Please note, I have no idea how noisy this might be or if it would be considered an eye-sore.
ooh i like that idea. we have windless days but they are few and far between

1000 watts between the solar and the wind? that's like, a light bulb and a refrigerator? More?

A nice solid Generac full-house unit mounted above the flood line would be like 10,000 watts? I am so not the handy person, i have no idea what I'm talking about

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
are you on a low-sodium diet, bru?

I'm always salty

it's a douchemobile.

literally the worlds worst-rated vehicle useful for nothing but signaling status in urban environments.

buy an old defender if you think old defenders are awesome.

ooof.
That’s ultimately why I stuck with the Grand cherokee limited. Problem free for years and an affordable lease

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'll have solar panels on my house by the end of january. Then our little Emercedes can run off the Sun God. As for the military - haven't we fought several of this century's wars ostensibly over petroleum? As for petroleum, I'm in California right now. Man, expennnnnsive gas. I can see why so many teslas everywhere. Definitely gonna be interesting what happens when electric cars really start taking over tho. We're already passed peak oil production. Jet fuel, cargo ship bunker fuel, the gasoline I put in my boat - all that stuff is predicated on relatively cheap and plentiful petroleum with gasoline being the primary product that drives supply of all other petroleum supplies. Seems to me that economics would dictate that if the shift to ecars happens really, really rapidly, the ripple effects on other industries -- and the cost to fuel a plane or ship will one day be enormous.
Your solar panels aren't going to run your house and charge your car