CA orders mask mandate

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
They like it.

In Asian countries people wear masks like it's nothing. Even when there aint a pandemic.

You guys are chasing windmills like they are dragons.
Smog. Mexico City too, even back in the early 90’s when I lived there.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
94% of “covid deaths” had an average of 4 other causes of death.
This is true of anything. People with the flu often catch pneumonia and die. Nobody with AIDS actually died of AIDS. If you have a heart attack which would normally have been survivable but are driving and have an an accident and die of blunt trauma, is the cause of death the crash or the (otherwise survivable) heart attack? If you snort too much coke and your heart goes into afib and you throw a clot and have a stroke, is it the coke or the stroke?, but if you already had high cholesterol and plaque built up, is that a comorbidity that means you would have died anyway?

Some people here on this board seem to think that the overwhelming majority of people who die of Covid had only weeks or months to live anyway so should not be counted as Covid deaths, but a 70 year old with hypertension and asthma could easily live a good life until they are 75 or 80 or more, but if Covid kills them their death is listed as an old person with multiple comorbidities, so somehow they are more expendable.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This is true of anything. People with the flu often catch pneumonia and die.
Correct, but cause of death is not listed as flu. That’s my whole point here. Cause of death in regards to covid is uniquely calculated. No other disease deaths work like this except…

Nobody with AIDS actually died of AIDS.
Guess who it was that determined how to calculate AIDS deaths….

If you have a heart attack which would normally have been survivable but are driving and have an an accident and die of blunt trauma, is the cause of death the crash or the (otherwise survivable) heart attack? If you snort too much coke and your heart goes into afib and you throw a clot and have a stroke, is it the coke or the stroke?, but if you already had high cholesterol and plaque built up, is that a comorbidity that means you would have died anyway?
You’re bringing up extremely rare scenarios, none of which trigger incredibly destructive public policy reactions.
Some people here on this board seem to think that the overwhelming majority of people who die of Covid had only weeks or months to live anyway so should not be counted as Covid deaths, but a 70 year old with hypertension and asthma could easily live a good life until they are 75 or 80 or more, but if Covid kills them their death is listed as an old person with multiple comorbidities, so somehow they are more expendable.
Sure but in those same cases if the flu gets them the flu won’t be the cause of of death and incredibly destructive public policy diktats won’t come of it.

Also, wanting clarity and legitimacy in counting deaths from a disease that is triggering unprecedented, world changing, destructive policies doesn’t imply that those who are being counted as dead are “expendable”.[/quote]

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
They like it.

In Asian countries people wear masks like it's nothing. Even when there aint a pandemic.

You guys are chasing windmills like they are dragons.
In some middle eastern countries it’s ok to marry and rape girls as young as 9 and homosexuals are executed.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If you wear a mask I don’t respect you.
I'm in a brewery last night, maskless, surrounded by boisterous people masks off drinking.

A bunch of dopes in line for a drink... wearing masks.

For what reason I do not know.

I get to the front, the bartender asks me if I have a mask.

"No. Can I have a water?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Outdoors, at the food truck, a colleague asks me where's my mask?

This is as I'm looking at the guy taking our order with his mask hanging off his face...

A total lack of critical thinking.

How do people live this way?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm in a brewery last night, maskless, surrounded by boisterous people masks off drinking.

A bunch of dopes in line for a drink... wearing masks.

For what reason I do not know.

I get to the front, the bartender asks me if I have a mask.

"No. Can I have a water?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Outdoors, at the food truck, a colleague asks me where's my mask?

This is as I'm looking at the guy taking our order with his mask hanging off his face...

A total lack of critical thinking.

How do people live this way?
It's not a matter of critical thinking, it's a ritual:

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
This one is for you Johnny Rebel anti-maskers - pull you panties' up and deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Sure, if you have symptoms.
You can keep saying that presymptomatic transmission is not real
But studies show otherwise
1-2 days before symptoms you’re contageous

whether or not spreading its a bad thing is a different related discussion

ive always thought the flu, and other general viruses were also contagious a few days before symptoms too.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Literal child abuse.
Literal?

just remember, you never, or rarely, know peoples real story
You don’t know if the mom of that kid is going through chemo and at a much higher risk of death or some other thing is going on that makes that extra precaution worth it to them.
I’m not assuming what prcd said he saw constitutes literal child abuse