String theory, simulation theory, E8, fibers

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Weird cross reference but kind of related warning

In trading world, A LOT of people use numbers from Fibonacci Sequence to help determine buy and sell points, because they believe these numbers naturally occur in trading charts. This means they believe these numbers naturally occur in our brains (as they do everywhere in nature), on a subconscious level telling us when to buy and sell.

Other people trade against moon phases. No joke.

Some deep underlying cosmic sh!t going on, but all I want to do is catch waves. Right now I'd even take a 1 footer on the ole log.

Have you seen the film Pi by Darren Aronofsky? Good film, great first feature.

"Unemployed number theorist Max Cohen, who lives in a drab apartment in Chinatown, Manhattan, believes everything in nature can be understood through numbers. He suffers from cluster headaches, extreme paranoia, hallucinations, and schizoid personality disorder, and his only social interactions are with Jenna, a young girl fascinated by his ability to perform complex calculations; Devi, a young woman living next door who sometimes speaks with him; and Sol Robeson, his mathematics mentor, now an invalid.

Max tries to program his computer, Euclid, to make stock predictions."

You can guess where this might go.

I think you might enjoy it.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I am super familiar with fibonacci sequence. we use it at work for a lot of things.
Its everywhere in nature too!

These patterns are everywhere!
Weird cross reference but kind of related warning

In trading world, A LOT of people use numbers from Fibonacci Sequence to help determine buy and sell points, because they believe these numbers naturally occur in trading charts. This means they believe these numbers naturally occur in our brains (as they do everywhere in nature), on a subconscious level telling us when to buy and sell.

Other people trade against moon phases. No joke.

Some deep underlying cosmic sh!t going on, but all I want to do is catch waves. Right now I'd even take a 1 footer on the ole log.

Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Sequence discussion by Answers With Joe

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
Once in awhile I get high and lay in my hammock outside at night and think about the nature of our reality.
One time I had a thought about the big bang and all of space time that emerged from an infinitesimally small point. Who is to say that our 4 dimensional universe wasn't created by an intelligent being that lives on a higher dimension.

As I laid there in my hammock I couldn't stop from visualizing the relationship between the big bang and the old school tv's when you turned them off. Remember that sometimes all of the information on the tv was reduced to a single little point where the electron beam hits the screen as it fires the last few electrons as the power dissipates.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Once in awhile I get high and lay in my hammock outside at night and think about the nature of our reality.
One time I had a thought about the big bang and all of space time that emerged from an infinitesimally small point. Who is to say that our 4 dimensional universe wasn't created by an intelligent being that lives on a higher dimension.

As I laid there in my hammock I couldn't stop from visualizing the relationship between the big bang and the old school tv's when you turned them off. Remember that sometimes all of the information on the tv was reduced to a single little point where the electron beam hits the screen as it fires the last few electrons as the power dissipates.
And then as depicted in Poltergeist, there could be other entities existing in higher dimensions, for the most part unnoticed except as momentary "shadows" in our four dimensional world.

"They're here!"

Reactions: Mr Doof

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I thought about that movie too. My dad took me to see this movie when I was so young. I was freaked out on this scene. Now I'm like damn that would be kind of cool to see. :roflmao:

Reactions: sponge

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
so what is reality?
is everyone's reality just their own or their tribes?
And why is it that we accept mathematic equations as a way to prove reality and that if it can't be proven by math it isn't real?
Isn't mathematics just a language of a perceived reality a bunch of people agree upon?
What would it all be without mathematics (sorry engineers) to communicate this perceived reality?
What about intuition or what we value as "common sense" which doesn't need mathematics?
If you look at hard core mathematics from the outside, it looks just like any other hieroglyphic language among humans perhaps just an advanced language but a language based on agreed values/perceptions.
Does a savant view this mathematics based reality the same way?
Makes you wonder what they see/feel/hear/smell out there the rest of us cannot.

Over forty years ago as a young fresh out of college applied physicist driven by math, I used to be a disciple of the "if you can't prove it with math it isn't law", that everything could be reduced to an equation if you were just smart enough, then I got into banking/finance and discovered there are no rules in the art of business it's how you perceive things.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
so what is reality?
is everyone's reality just their own or their tribes?
And why is it that we accept mathematic equations as a way to prove reality and that if it can't be proven by math it isn't real?
Isn't mathematics just a language of a perceived reality a bunch of people agree upon?
What would it all be without mathematics (sorry engineers) to communicate this perceived reality?
What about intuition or what we value as "common sense" which doesn't need mathematics?
If you look at hard core mathematics from the outside, it looks just like any other hieroglyphic language among humans perhaps just an advanced language but a language based on agreed values/perceptions.
Does a savant view this mathematics based reality the same way?
Makes you wonder what they see/feel/hear/smell out there the rest of us cannot.

Over forty years ago as a young fresh out of college applied physicist driven by math, I used to be a disciple of the "if you can't prove it with math it isn't law", that everything could be reduced to an equation if you were just smart enough, then I got into banking/finance and discovered there are no rules in the art of business it's how you perceive things.

Reactions: ReForest

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Do enough of the right(or wrong) drugs and IMO there’s a definite possibility of experiencing and/or encountering something from another dimension.

And if you do your research, despite what Dr Rogan says not all the experiences/entities are benevolent.

That said if young(er) me was here today he’d totally be into researching the theoretical aspects of this sh!t, and more than likely some psychedelic exploration.

But for some reason old(er) me is increasingly only interested in practical sh!t like what’s the best way to tension a chainsaw chain.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
IMO, mathematics explains reality rather than proves it. Sometimes math is wrong (or incomplete) and a new math comes along and is right (or more complete) until it's "proven" wrong by the new math, and so on, and so on.
I like string cheese theory

Did you know the universe hums at A sharp?
So the universe is accidental. Now everything makes sense.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I saw the E8 on a DMT trip. It was the fiber of everything. I dunno I think there is something here?
The math is just too crazy to be a coincidence
Yeah I saw those exact patterns the few times I smoked dementors as well. I’m officially a little tripped out by that

• Love
Reactions: santacruzin