How’s the stock market?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
And people fall for pyramid schemes since forever. Like since the pyramid pryramids. So, I’ve got a few hundred bucks in the game that says a lot more idiots will keep buying the meme

the rest of my portfolio is in actual crypto with real value and real world applications. Still could all vanish like a fart in the wind, or i could be sitting on a million bucks in 10 years, or anywhere in between. what a fascinating modern age in which we live (who said it in what movie?)

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
And GE because I love kicking myself in the dick.
today might be the day for you long-suffering GE bagholders....up $7 per share in pre-market trading on this news:

Yep, saw the news on GE this morning.

They're breaking it up into three companies. Aviation, healthcare, energy.

If I am lucky, what happened with Ma Bell (break-up, confusion, organization, streamlining, more $, higher share price), will happen again, this time for GE.

But maybe not. Maybe I should wait for the break up then go with the division (energy) that is now its own company.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
the lesson of the day is don't buy on the eve of an earnings reports. all this crypto talk made me carelessly buy into a small Coinbase position (COIN), with the intention of holding it briefly and flipping it....but the ER was not great. looks like i'll be holding some COIN for a while.
:trout:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
COIN has been pumping lately. It's up 74% in a couple weeks. Banging stock as long as BTC is pumping.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
COIN has been pumping lately. It's up 74% in a couple weeks. Banging stock as long as BTC is pumping.
not at the moment. down almost $50 per share after hours....probably open down 20% or more tomorrow morning. surely a dip to buy into, if you feel good about the stock long term.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
not at the moment. down almost $50 per share after hours....probably open down 20% or more tomorrow morning. surely a dip to buy into, if you feel good about the stock long term.
Good sell off today for sure.

I did not sell the top and still holding. I think it can get to 500-1000. Coinbase is expanding their operations worldwide, and rolling out new products and services. They are already a huge company with more than 2000 employees and now they are hiring more people.

They are also listing new coins at a crazy pace. Faster than any other exchange except Binance. More coins means more trading. And they are adding only new super rando unknown shitcoins which attracts even more new users. They already have over 70m users which is insane, but crypto is just getting started in mainstream world and Coinbase is where most people end up.

Not to mention their EARN program which other exchanges are barely starting to copy after years of letting Coinbase stomp all over their dicks. Coinbase gives away 100's of millions of dollars in free coins to people just for signing up and learning about the coins through their educational videos and slideshows. This attracts so many noobs.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Good thing I’m a month ahead on my mortgage payment becuase I know where my next paycheck is going

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Good sell off today for sure

Not to mention their EARN program which other exchanges are barely starting to copy after years of letting Coinbase stomp all over their dicks. Coinbase gives away 100's of millions of dollars in free coins to people just for signing up and learning about the coins through their educational videos and slideshows. This attracts so many noobs.
Noobs like me! Except the modules want me to upload my ID. every. single.time. could barely do it once.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Noobs like me! Except the modules want me to upload my ID. every. single.time. could barely do it once.
Need to take photo in good lighting. It's all automated facial recognition stuff and that requires a decent shot. Facebook has the largest databases in the world for facial recognition and license out their software to other companies for stuff like ID verification. Need to take a shot that is very clear, in good lighting, and make sure you do whatever it is they ask, such as hold a stickynote with the current date and 'coinbase' written on it or whatever. It's a pain but one-time deal.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
anyone get hacked in the Robinhood breach?
Don't get synthetic ID'd
ID theft can be worse than real theft
watch and setup alerts at your bureaus for loan requests popping up.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
did anyone take my advice on Yellow a few months ago? all I remember is being mocked by @Northern_Shores for my random stock tip

it's doubled since i bought it at $5.50. I'm still going to HODL for the target price of 20, maybe even $25, that I got from the very well informed non-insider who first made the recco a couple of months ago
YELL made the Insider Trading: notable purchases list today: a YELL director bought 25,000 shares @ $11.10 per.....that's always a good sign :cheers:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
RIVN (Rivian Electric Motors) stock just went live for trading on NASDAQ 2m ago.

Volatility as expected. Threw in some money right now with almost zero due diligence. Full on ape degen style. Entry at 111 Let's fucking go. :monkey:

Edit: Annnnd stopped out at 109. Who knew electric vehicles could be so much fun!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
RIVN (Rivian Electric Motors) stock just went live for trading on NASDAQ 2m ago.

Volatility as expected. Through in some money right now with almost zero due diligence. Full on ape degen style. Entry at 111 Let's fucking go. :monkey:

Edit: Annnnd stopped out at 109. Who knew electric vehicles could be so much fun!
Just don't buy Lordstown, ask me how I know. :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: r32

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Good thing I’m a month ahead on my mortgage payment becuase I know where my next paycheck is going
YELL made the Insider Trading: notable purchases list today: a YELL director bought 25,000 shares @ $11.10 per.....that's always a good sign :cheers:
that's it, I'm draining my Crypto and putting it all on Yellow!!! come on $25 baby!!!

xxx

Nep status
Nov 18, 2006
Options. Who out there is good at it? I am starting out slow and am batting about .500. I don't understand how to make money off of puts at all. Call options, I understand and have made money off of them.

I have hopes or HRTX, up right now and seems like it could be a short squeeze. DCPH just tanked, so I bought a $15 call option, expires in January.

Any input would be appreciated.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY

Volatility as expected. Through in some money right now with almost zero due diligence. Full on ape degen style. Entry at 111 Let's fucking go. :monkey:

Can’t win em all coach!

now that I’ve said that and own no shares, it’s going up 300% tomorrow. You’re welcome :waving:

• Haha
Reactions: r32