Halloween with the Gromsdads

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Holy sh*t, I.m lmfao!
do you have a security cam?And is it hidden well so it’s not ambushed first prior to egging your house and whatever other abuse is thrown your way?
Love it!
it's funny coz when i was a kid, Mischief Night (aka Devil's Night, the night before Halloween) was as much fun (or more so) than Halloween...and that was when the egging, soaping of windows, toilet paper in the trees etc was carried out. don't see that at all anymore, at least not here in the SE....i guess, now that i'm a homeowner, I should be grateful for that:shaka:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
it's funny coz when i was a kid, Mischief Night (aka Devil's Night, the night before Halloween) was as much fun (or more so) than Halloween...and that was when the egging, soaping of windows, toilet paper in the trees etc was carried out. don't see that at all anymore, at least not here in the SE....i guess, now that i'm a homeowner, I should be grateful for that:shaka:
In what state did you grow up? People in other states didn’t know what mischief night was when I was growing up

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You'd get arrested and lawsuits would be filed in NJ for that sort of stuff today.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
When I was a kid, as the hours got later, the big kids would come out and try and roll you for your candy. I remember seeing it coming and tossing my pillow case full of candy into the bushes then going back when the "coast was clear." It was preparation for life. Anytime you get something, somebody is going to try and take it. The world is a nasty place. Cunning can defeat muscle. Cunning muscle is a problem. Kill or be killed. Law of the jungle. Kill them all and let God sort them out. The best defense is a motherfucking devastating offense!!! WOLVERINES!!!!!!!
boy, that takes me back. when i was thirteen or fourteen, there was a girl out on Halloween with a pillowcase full of candy...we didn't exactly roll her, but she was drunk and lost control of her bag, so we grabbed it and ran. her older brother was a notorious tough guy and i can remember worrying, literally for months afterward, that he was gonna come looking for us. thanks for the memory :cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Do you get and how do you feel about parents (who you don't know/not from your hood) who wear costumes and carry pillow cases and candy jack-o-lantern buckets with their kids (mentioned on another thread)? There were dozens of them and if I asked I told the parents the candy was for the kids. Some people said I was an ass. IMO trick or treating is for groms and I go FULL SIZE instead of those halloween mini combo packs. I like the jello shot idea though.
that's bullshit....older kids and parents can get fkd

if your baby can't toddle over here and claw out some candy, they he doesn't fkn care enough

When I was a kid, as the hours got later, the big kids would come out and try and roll you for your candy. I remember seeing it coming and tossing my pillow case full of candy into the bushes then going back when the "coast was clear." It was preparation for life. Anytime you get something, somebody is going to try and take it. The world is a nasty place. Cunning can defeat muscle. Cunning muscle is a problem. Kill or be killed. Law of the jungle. Kill them all and let God sort them out. The best defense is a motherfucking devastating offense!!! WOLVERINES!!!!!!!

Sorry. I went too far. :oops: Nevermind.

this was everything...total jungleball rules....

you had to time your trick or treating just right because once it got late the risk factor went up exponentially

I miss being a kid

Reactions: CutnSnip

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a halloween, where I was a freshman, in high school, and all the cool kids were in a truck, driving around our town throwing eggs a people. There was older kids, and there were pretty girls in the back who knew my older sister. They let me jump and I drove around with them all night throwing eggs.

It was a really fun night; all the older cool kids were nice to me which had never happened.

I thought this was a change happening in my life.

But back at school the next week, the cool kids acted like they didn't know me. And I was back just another creep. :cry:

A male version of Cinderella.

Cinderpile?

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I had a halloween, where I was a freshman, in high school, and all the cool kids were in a truck, driving around our town throwing eggs a people. There was older kids, and there were pretty girls in the back who knew my older sister. They let me jump and I drove around with them all night throwing eggs.

It was a really fun night; all the older cool kids were nice to me which had never happened.

I thought this was a change happening in my life.

But back at school the next week, the cool kids acted like they didn't know me. And I was just another creep. :cry:
Straight out of a 80s John hughs movie

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The front door to our 1920's bungalow is creaky. So on Halloween I'll sit behind the door and open it really slowly so it does the full haunted house creak. Then the bowl of candy is set up right there. The little kids will hesitate but then grab one and go. The teenagers freak out. "No way dude. I know something is going to reach out and grab me if I go for the candy." It's kind of funny. But then whne they (the teenagers) gather up the courage they will grab all the candy. Fukkers.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
In high school we used to drive around taking pumpkins off people's doorsteps and fill up a truckbed, then dump them all on a friend's lawn as a prank, sort of like a Halloween version of TP'ing. One time a truck cut us off and two middle aged guys went totally nuts, punching the car and front window cuz we stole their pumpkins. It must have been around midnight and thinking back, we sorta did them and the neighborhood a favor, getting rid of the pumpkins that were going to rot shortly after anyway.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
In high school we used to drive around taking pumpkins off people's doorsteps and fill up a truckbed, then dump them all on a friend's lawn as a prank, sort of like a Halloween version of TP'ing. One time a truck cut us off and two middle aged guys went totally nuts, punching the car and front window cuz we stole their pumpkins. It must have been around midnight and thinking back, we sorta did them and the neighborhood a favor, getting rid of the pumpkins that were going to rot shortly after anyway.
that sounds like two dumb twits who got beat up too much when they were kids....

let them have their mayhem, dads, yeesh

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
The alternative is the end of the trip.

The day after Halloween is the day of the dead.

Eunice?
The end of the trip doesn’t bother me as much as age which is weird.

Ive been having my mid(ish) life crisis and it’s largely due to inherent responsibilities as one gets older and less time outside of a professional life and responsibilities. I need a set up like you patron.

I did tell my girl to put me out of my misery when my body is old and broken, that freaked her out a bit.

now show me your tiny violins.:violin::violin:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Throughout my life, I've had unexpected magical nights.

Usually they involved pretty girls.

You could never make them happen.

I tried and never could.

They just need to happen and catch you surprise.
i know these nights - like i lucked into a walk-on part in somebody else's movie. :cheers:

i couldn't make them happen but i grew up in a party/vacation town, which greatly increased the odds and frequency.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
that sounds like two dumb twits who got beat up too much when they were kids....

let them have their mayhem, dads, yeesh
The part we all remember was a guy in the truckbed (1 of the designated pumpkin stealers) literally shat himself jumping out of the truck to run, worried the two guys were gonna beat his azz.:toilet:

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf